The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Synoquin is it the best?? View next topic
View previous topic
Christine Stafford.
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have had Ellie on Holland & Barrett high strength chondroitin/glucosamine for a month now, but when i have to replace it, does any body know if Synoquin is better, after comparing them, they both have the same ingredients, but dont know if the Synoquin is of a better quality, would like any feedback if you have been using it on your dogs, as i would like to give her a break from her prescription drugs in the summer, so this is why i am trying the supplements now.

Christine, Ellie and Max.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Christine,

I have a beardie cross who is 11 this year and has been on Synoquin all of her life - since she was 8 months old and diagnosed with hip dysplasia. She has done really well on it and has only gone onto Metacam (it has a new name now but can't remember it at the mo) in the last three or four years. I also give her GWF's Nutrition for Dogs Joint Aid. A friend with an arthritic spaniel recommended it and I think it is helping a lot - Betsy is able to do a lot more running and fetching a ball without being stiff later. I hope this is of some help - judy g
ALISONERANSOM
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I had a neardie (OE and border collie cross) with hip dysplasia I used green lipped mussel tabs for most of her 16 years and only resorted to Metacam near the end. Her hips were so bad that they said she wouldn't be walking by 2years but she showed them!!
Alison
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Alison,
thanks for the green lipped mussel (sp) tip - I will add it to my arsenal and see if I can lower Betsy's Metacam, or even get her off it altogether! Many thanks Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic