The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Just wondered if anyone can help.......... View next topic
View previous topic
mel
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all so much for your very helpful posts.

Have not been on the site for a while, visiting grandson etc, but will definitely make contact with Shirley Hinchcliffe.

I have also completed the form to send off to the Bearded Collie Club Rescue and Welfare Scheme.

I was thinking about how it must seem rather strange to all of you that I am actually looking for a Neardie rather than a Beardie. Of course if I did come across a Beardie who needed a loving home then that would be brilliant.

I don't think I mentioned before that we are looking within a radius of about 100 miles from home - we live near Yeovil (Somerset).

Still haven't heard anything from Belinda Steer, but quite understandable if one of her dogs is unwell. May drop her another email in a week or so.

Lelly - I did look at Paddy, but he looks more terrier type in size to me than beardie, but thank you.

The Hairies - thank you for the link, but I do not belong to Facebook so couldn't see anything.

Have really missed our boy over the Easter break - lots of tears

Crying or Very sad
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aww, hugs xx

Remembering Our Lovely Kentish, Betsy, lucyyorkie and Danny Kaye xx

( and....take THAT, Photobucket....thank you MMM )
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't seem odd to me at all that you are looking for a neardie, you had a neardie before so why not? I'm sorry nothing has come up yet but wish you good luck in your search.

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mel wrote:

Have not been on the site for a while, visiting grandson etc, but will definitely make contact with Shirley Hinchcliffe.

I have also completed the form to send off to the Bearded Collie Club Rescue and Welfare Scheme.

I was thinking about how it must seem rather strange to all of you that I am actually looking for a Neardie rather than a Beardie. Of course if I did come across a Beardie who needed a loving home then that would be brilliant.

I don't think I mentioned before that we are looking within a radius of about 100 miles from home - we live near Yeovil (Somerset).

Still haven't heard anything from Belinda Steer, but quite understandable if one of her dogs is unwell. May drop her another email in a week or so.

Lelly - I did look at Paddy, but he looks more terrier type in size to me than beardie, but thank you.

The Hairies - thank you for the link, but I do not belong to Facebook so couldn't see anything.

I will continue to look Mel x

Crying or Very sad
Lelly
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mel wrote:

I will continue to look Mel x

Crying or Very sad
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy My Betsy was a Neardie....bestest dog I ever had

mel
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering if any of you have heard of this breeder of working bearded collies?

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/1542157-working-bearded-collies-rhayader.html

I am a bit paranoid about any dogs that are for sale in Wales because of puppy farms.

It all sounds very convincing.

I hope it is alright to post the link, if not please let me know and I will delete it.

Thanks.
Derwendolly
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would be tempted to get the details of a vet local to Rhayader and give them a ring to see if they have anything to contribute. It is a very country area so should be known to the local vet. if you ask if they know about the frequency of the breeding programme or if they are breeders of one breed or many. Being a country area, it is more than possible that Beardies are used as working dogs on their own farm. If you ask if they are open to you viewing the pups in their home environment this would give you a hint of the situation.
I have just looked up vets for Rhayader in Yell.com and there is a selection in the area - including the one I use in Builth Wells and I am more than pleased with the care given to my animals by them. It must be worth a phone call. If you think I can give you any more info. do please ask.

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have been searching on Google and found that the same breeder is also advertising a litter of Welsh Terrier X for sale:

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/1564144-welsh-terrier-x-puppies-rhayader.html

This has definitely put me off, sounds very suspect.
mel
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Derwendolly wrote:
I would be tempted to get the details of a vet local to Rhayader and give them a ring to see if they have anything to contribute. It is a very country area so should be known to the local vet. if you ask if they know about the frequency of the breeding programme or if they are breeders of one breed or many. Being a country area, it is more than possible that Beardies are used as working dogs on their own farm. If you ask if they are open to you viewing the pups in their home environment this would give you a hint of the situation.
I have just looked up vets for Rhayader in Yell.com and there is a selection in the area - including the one I use in Builth Wells and I am more than pleased with the care given to my animals by them. It must be worth a phone call. If you think I can give you any more info. do please ask.

Thank you so much for all of the information and your very kind offer.

As you will see from my previous post, this does not sound like a genuine breeder.

I have also noticed that she has been a member of Pets4Homes since April 2012.

The beardies do look so adorable in the pictures Sad
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mel wrote:
I was wondering if any of you have heard of this breeder of working bearded collies?

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/1542157-working-bearded-collies-rhayader.html

I am a bit paranoid about any dogs that are for sale in Wales because of puppy farms.

It all sounds very convincing.

I hope it is alright to post the link, if not please let me know and I will delete it.

Thanks.

They always have adverts up, I would guess puppy farmers.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps it is just me, but I would be suspicious of the blurb at the bottom of their page...

tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kay - kirsterncourt , Belinda steer or Shirley hincliffe would likely know more of the welsh puppy farmers. There was a mother and daughter that way that used to advertise.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

judy g wrote:
Perhaps it is just me, but I would be suspicious of the blurb at the bottom of their page...

Absolutely Judy - don't shed their coats! Shocked

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

....uh huh....and the way it has been written lacks....um....credibility..... Rolling Eyes

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure if this will work

Shawn is just the best boy ever ! Sweet, kind, playful....Shawn needs a home ! He was abandoned and longs for affection and cuddles !
SHAWN is a very sweet and gentle boy, approx. 1,5 years old, vaccinated and neutered. He came to us from Petrosani private shelter and needs a loving home ! He loves other dogs, children, everybody he meets ! A total sweetheart ! Shawn is large-sized.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveCareDogRescue/photos/a.1246755988773252.1073742206.300023930113134/1262211670561017/?type=3

mel
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Hairies wrote:

Shawn is just the best boy ever ! Sweet, kind, playful....Shawn needs a home ! He was abandoned and longs for affection and cuddles !
SHAWN is a very sweet and gentle boy, approx. 1,5 years old, vaccinated and neutered. He came to us from Petrosani private shelter and needs a loving home ! He loves other dogs, children, everybody he meets ! A total sweetheart ! Shawn is large-sized.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveCareDogRescue/photos/a.1246755988773252.1073742206.300023930113134/1262211670561017/?type=3

Thanks for the information, I can see the picture, but I don't think he is in the UK.
mel
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to say I have spoken to Shirley Hinchliffe and am now on her list. I hadn't made contact before because I thought Suffolk was just too far for us, but she says they can arrange transport, which is amazing. She also said that if I had contacted her a few weeks ago, she had a lot of beardies that needed rehoming.

Never mind, I am on her radar now, so thanks to all of you for pointing me in the right direction.
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mel wrote:
The Hairies wrote:

Thanks for the information, I can see the picture, but I don't think he is in the UK.
Have sent you a pm

mel
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found this ad today:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/116550619/bearded-collie-puppies-for-sale.html?utm_source=newsnow&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=trovitproducts&utm_content=new

They look so sweet, but then again it may not be genuine.
Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Merle ?
They don't look like Beardies to me but others might not agree.

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
Derwendolly
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's what I thought. Looking at my own puppy which I got 5 weeks ago when he was just 7 weeks old, there is a marked difference in the looks.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The merles look a bit odd Confused trouble with those adverts is a lot are cons Sad

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Mel,
Have a look on Dog's Trust Ballymena in Ireland, they have a bearded collie X, looks like he is crossed with a border collie, I realise that he is a long way away but I am sure that if you explain your situation they could transport Alfie to local Dogs Trust Centre to you. He is 6-12 months old and looks lovely, take a look and see what they say.
Told you I wouldn't stop looking

Lelly x

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic