The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Eating poop View next topic
View previous topic
Cornish Cleo
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jago had Nutriment too, but took some persuading to eat raw initially. But once he got used to it, he has never looked back and, from being a dog who was totally disinterested in food, he now tells me when his dinner is due - heaven help me if I am late! Wink

This is from Nutriment's website:-

My dog doesn’t seem keen…

Most processed foods contain salt and a variety of other additives to make it extremely tasty, almost addictive… It’s a little like being used to eating pizza and then deciding a rocket salad with pine nuts and feta is better… you might also need some persuasion. 

Don’t be disheartened, basically you are trying to break an addiction. If needs be mix some of the flavours up, few dogs will turn up their nose to something mixed with the salmon formula.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jacquietwig wrote:
It will be interesting to see if it makes a difference do keep us updated. If she is a bit reluctant to eat it you could try just blasting it briefly in the microwave, not enough to cook it due to the bone content, but just enough to bring out the smell. Wink

Hi Jacquie, hope all is well with you! Just as I feared, struggling to get her to eat the Nutriment. She just doesn't seem that turned on by raw. I'm thinking of giving https://butternutbox.com a go. Does anyone have any experience with them? Unless you know of any other way of making the raw food more palatable for them? Tried the microwave and even a bit of a warm up on the hob. Sorry for all the questions!
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi it's good to get feedback Very Happy sorry that Fifi is still not taking to the raw diet, some dogs really just don't like it but home cooked is the next best option and that company looks good. I couldn't find any prices though so tend to think very expensive? Before heading down that road have you thought of mixing some of the raw with either her normal food or some cooked food to see if she will eat it then? If she does then you could gradually increase the raw and decrease the other food. Really hope you get her diet sorted as I'm sure that either raw or home cooked would make a big difference. Good luck and do let us know how you get on, I'd be interested in what you think of Butternutbox if you go down that route.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jacquie, the prices of Butternutbox meals are at the bottom of their home page. It is indeed quite expensive, I must say! It would most probably be cheaper to home cook for Fifi, Cathy!

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Nina, I couldn't find it Rolling Eyes Embarassed Blimey yes that works out very expensive, I agree much cheaper to home cook yourself.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic