The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Lepto4 vaccination View next topic
View previous topic
Nina07
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here we have recently heard of something called Vacci-Check, which is a test vets can do to see if our dogs still carry enough protection against some of the diseases against which they are vaccinated. However, only a small number of vets are aware that it exists, for the moment (mine wasn't and was quite interested to make investigations when I told her about it a few weeks ago). And the major problem is that, according to my vet, you can't inject only 1 or 2 vaccines if the test reveals that your dog only needs those, apparently they only come in the well-known "mixes", Lepto2 or Lepto4... Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes we have that over here Nina but as you say not a lot of vets are prepared to take it up. I mentioned it to my vet but she didn't think it would be reliable enough Rolling Eyes I use titre testing for my dogs but it isn't an in house test and is a lot more expensive than the vaccicheck. Vaccicheck is an in house test that can be done in 20 minutes and is a lot cheaper.

It is so annoying that the vaccine manufacturers don't do more seperate vaccines, I believe you can only get Parvo and Lepto as seperate vaccines but I'm not sure that all vets stock the parvo alone anyway as I know mine doesn't. Evil or Very Mad

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic