The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Our Sue - Two years on View next topic
View previous topic
Joybells
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well Sue, it looks as though we have the bar to ourselves again. I did think, - should I go and tidy up the kitchen, then I sat down till the thought went away. Improving am I not?

I've just had a run through your thread; those miserable so and so's at Photobucket had really had a go at us and nearly all the lovely photos have been blanked out. I hope the next wasp along crawls inside their underwear. Sorry, don't mean to offend but it makes me so cross. This is our special link with you and they have spoiled it.

You would never guess what happened recently, Remember how we were talking about our old lifeboat Pentland, and we googled it and found a video on youtube, well, I had a phone call from Paula while she was on holiday in S Wales and she said "Mum, I am sitting on Pentland". You could have knocked me down with the proverbial feather. We had so many happy years on that boat, I really didn't want to part with her. And I had worked on that hull till it was smooth as silk, and she slid through the water like a greased eel. Well, would you believe, but my Son-i-L 's best friend has just bought her. Guess who will be heading for Wales before long. Very Happy Very Happy

I really miss our boaty chats and being able to spend time on yours; there is something magical about the gentle creak of timbers as she rolls gently in the swell or the chuckle of the wavelets on the hull when she runs against the tide. Ok, chasing your meal around the table when it's a bit choppy can be a bit of a pain but when you can sit on deck on a quiet evening and simply watch the stars it's something to be savoured. Even the stomach churning crossings of the Irish Sea have their silver linings - a few missed meals is a great help with the dieting and you don't half appreciate the few conveniences when you do get to harbour.

Ah well, being landlocked does mean that I can play in the garden. Mind, it has been a bit chancy recently. I couldn't help but notice that since you left us we have had a noticeable increase in sudden showers. Hmmm. your new Boss hasn't decided it was safer to have a sprinkler system fitted rather than keep you out of the kitchen has He???

You will be pleased to know that the Milliepede is well and still as big a madam as ever. We have been working towards some tests and some days she is right on the ball, and others you would think she has never had a lesson in her life. Why didn't I stick to golden retrievers. Rolling Eyes Then just when I am about to advertise her free to a good home, or any home sometimes, she turns those big eyes on me... well, what can you do. I swear she practises in front of a mirror! Anyway, I have spent most of the week making some jump equipment so we can do some different activities in the little field across the car park. A few splinters, a whacked thumb and paint on my best working jeans, ( didn't realise that overalls were holy) and they are almost finished. She'd better jump them or else....!

Better stir my stumps and take her out for the last walk, dark already so we will need the flashing collar but she is usually pretty quick and gets to the field well before me and often same on the way back. If she could open the back door she'd be sitting by the fire by the time I got back in. Sometimes I think it is hardly worth my going.

Well, I have enjoyed "our" chat; it does make you feel closer and as I have said before, you are so often in my thoughts, you might as well sit on my shoulder.

Night night Sue

Joy and your Milliepede
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Joy Laughing Crying or Very sad Wink Well you made me laugh anyway. You have a wonderfully descriptive style of writing as well as being humorous. Bet Sue's laughing her head off up there with Him.

xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Joy, I thoroughly enjoyed reading those lovely memories of yours, with tears in my eyes. I can imagine it all, and it also made me laugh Laughing How fantastic that your son in law's friend has bought it!!! I bet you'll be off, ASAP Very Happy Very Happy So many memories for you. Very Happy xxxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Crying or Very sad Very Happy Joyzie, what a star you are, X

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a wonderful post Joy x

Scruffymuffins
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovely word Joy Very Happy I do miss seeing Sue's posts on FBC Crying or Very sad x
Threebeards
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Me too, and her personal emails. Sad

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue was a wonderful person and is still missed by us all.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic