The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Bravecto - why is this still for sale View next topic
View previous topic
tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why is are these still on the market .

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Money making Murderers, some of the videos of dogs having reactions to these are so Horrific Crying or Very sad

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Staggering information. Is there no official body in place that oversees the testing of these treatments?

I was very fortunate to keep Millie safe.

I used to treat her if we went visiting just to make sure that we didn't inadvertently take any little visitors with us. I no longer do this as my hosts are kind enough to be prepared to deal with any problem if and when it arises.

Millie's vet prescribed Bravecto and I accepted their recommendation. However, when I tried to persuade Millie to take the pills she simply spat them out.

Then I did what I should have done before I gave them to her; I read the leaflet and was horrified to see that it said that Bravecto should not be administered to dogs with autoimmune conditions. I should have read the leaflet sooner but the veterinary practice is well aware of her SLO and should not have prescribed it.

I dread to think what might have happened had Millie herself not refused to take them. I have since noticed that they now prescribe Vectra Spot; can't help but wonder if this is a watered down version.

Thanks Tracy for posting this information. I for one had no awareness of these other products.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocking Mad Crying or Very sad

maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing facebook is good for, is putting all the info out there regarding this stuff & vaccines. I doubt I will ever have my dogs vaccinated again. I have even considered not renewing their rabies ones when they run out ( every 3 years) as have seen dogs die of side effects/complications. It may mean not going to France with them, unless we go before their passports run out, but I would rather not risk it.

Beardie Mom
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw this too, though was aware before there are Face Book pages set up as warnings against this particular 'treatment'.

Like others we will no longer vaccinate ever again ..all Indy had was his Parvo and Distemper puppy jab, NOT any Lepto ..and he will be titre tested for the rest of his life .

The sad thing is these poisons , including worm and flea treatments , are being given by the tanker load to dogs .

Only this week too , on Face Book , a video showing a dog having a very severe reaction to one of the Plug In air freshners ..another poison that can be avoided that sell in millions ...and these are in homes everywhere with pets and children .....beyond awful

Derwendolly
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maxnick wrote:
I have even considered not renewing their rabies ones when they run out ( every 3 years) as have seen dogs die of side effects/complications. It may mean not going to France with them, unless we
go before their passports run out, but I would rather not risk it.

I am not on FB so have not read all that is out there, but it is worth noting that there is now a rabies vac that does NOT contain mercury, or at least it is in such a tiny amount as to be negligible, and is therefore much safer.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Only this week too , on Face Book , a video showing a dog having a very severe reaction to one of the Plug In air freshners ..another poison that can be avoided that sell in millions ...and these are in homes everywhere with pets and children .....beyond awful

Those plug in air fresheners are also very bad for cats and asthmatics or people with respiratory problems.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic