The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Devastated View next topic
View previous topic
Archie my boy
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please help me , help me get though the utter pain and despair at loosing my beautiful boy George on Saturday. He was only 6. I cannot eat or sleep, I spend the days sobbing my heart out. I really am broken I loved him so much.
I have two other beardies but they are not the same, George was so precious to me I am struggling to function without him.
He is having an autopsy this week as his death was sudden. He fell ill on Thursday, just seemed at bit lethargic and off his food, vet said he had a temperature but could find nothing else so home we came. Friday he was coughing and seemed to be breathing really fast so I took him back. They decided to keep him in and run tests. They said he had pneumonia and were giving him antibiotics. On Saturday they rang said his temperature was down and he was recovering and they would ring us later to pick him up. At 3.30 they rang and said they had found him dead.
I feel like my world has ended. We went to see him and I kissed him and said ď mummyís hereĒ praying with all my heart that he would wake.
Please can anybody offer me some hope or comfort because I feel so much grief and despair
Melanie

tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Melanie I am so sorry to read this.

We lost Panda in similar circumstances she too was very young , my heart breaks for you .
Run free George, all our loved beardies who have crossed the rainbow 🌈 will be there to look after you.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Mel, it is heartbreaking to read this, tears are rolling down my face. It is so cruel to lose one so young and so unexpectedly. You must be reeling with shock.

The only comfort I can offer is that we know what it feels like and your distress is shared by all of us. It does feel like the end of the world and right now it must feel impossible to accept that it has happened. These beautiful creatures creep into your heart and when they leave you they take part of you with them.

Eventually the pain will dull and you will learn to cope, even though that might seem impossible right now. Never be afraid to cry, never be afraid to share your tears with others, always feel that you can talk about him and tell us all what a beautiful boy he was.

Joy and Millie
xxxx

Last edited by Joybells on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandownbeardie
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mel, so desperately sad to read this post, a terrible terrible thing to happen to your lovely George. Cherish your lovely memories and stay close to those that share your pain. It is clear that the love you had for your boy in the years you shared was strong and surely a blessing.

Please look after yourself and reach out when you need to...talking does help.
xxxxxx

kathryn
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so very sorry for your loss Mel. Terribly heartbreaking for you, I have no words that can take away your pain. It really must have been such a shock for you, expecting to be picking him up from the vets and for then to have them call you with such devastating news.
Once again I am so very sorry.
Xxxxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Mel Iím so very sorry Crying or Very sad your post made me cry 😢 I know your pain all too well Crying or Very sad your pain is very raw now and I wish there was a magic wand that would take it all away Crying or Very sad Iím not sure if we really get over but just learn to live with it Crying or Very sad you will always have George in your heart and in time will smile at his memory. So many of us on here know what youíre going through so please donít be afraid to share your feelings, sometimes it helps to type out your thoughts and feelings. I know it helped me this time last year and reading your post brought all the emotions back Crying or Very sad please take comfort in the fact that we are here to Ďlistení and cry with you xx

Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have nothing new to add but we really do know and share your pain. What an awful thing to happen. So very sorry darling xx

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't add anything to what has already been said, having experienced similar I can empathise with what you are going through. Just wish I could take the pain away for you, take care.
Run free at the bridge George Crying or Very sad

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just know that we are all so very sad with you and for you and your George who was taken far to young.

xxx

GILLY ,MARK, MACKENZIE AND TALI
Dorsetangels
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mel we are so sorry of for your loss. x

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry Crying or Very sad such a heartbreaking post to read. Just cry & let it all out. Talk about it as much as you want on here. We have all been devastated by the loss of our pets & know exactly how you feel. It isn't easy.

Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry for your loss of George. Its the suddenness of it that sort of leaves you breathless. As others on here have said, the pain and ache do ease a bit with time, it just seems to take forever. Hold on to your memories of your time with George, they are precious.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As someone here who is struggling after the loss of our 9 week old puppy 23 days ago you have my Heartfelt Condolences Mel .. I canít give you any advice at all as I have no idea how to cope myself but I do send love to you and all that loved him . Life is particularly shit at the moment but I hope you have friends like I do who have messaged me every day since it happened .We have had a reason for why our baby girl was taken but it doesnít help a bit.

Just put one foot in front of the other , and get through one day at a time

xx

AnnS
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really sorry for your loss.
Nina07
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Melanie, I am so shocked after reading your heartrending account of what happened to your beloved Beardie George. So unexpected and quick...

I think all has been said by other friends above but I'd just like to stress the fact that it may help just a little bit to know that there is a place here where you can write about your pain and grief and where everybody will support you and sympathize - not always the case in everyday life where not everyone is an animal lover to the same extent that we are. Do not hesitate to come here whenever you feel like it...

All my thoughts are for you today.

Last edited by Nina07 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Hairies
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry Mel to read this, can only repeat what everyone else says. Sleep tight little man xxx

Frasermum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear this. It does get better. just don't be afraid to talk about him and how you feel. Bottling it all up doesn't help. Thinking of you

Threebeards
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How awful for you, I know just how you feel. Been through the same. Sad

In time you'll be ok but you always remember and love them.

Take care.xxx You have my sympathy.xx

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply to my post and offer me support through your kind words, it is so appreciated.
George was cremated today and tomorrow we will collect him and bring him home were he belongs.
The autopsy has found no cause of death, which in a Way makes me angry that he left, daft I know.
I miss him every minute of th day
Thank you again for all your kind words - they do help

Mel xxx

Nina07
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Today will no doubt be yet another difficult day, when you collect George's ashes. Just take one day at a time, healing is a long process, and rest assured that we are all around you, even from far away, to help you getting over your present grief.

Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thinking of you today darling. We have all had these collection days and struggled. Much love to you xxxxx

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At least when you collect his ashes you will have him back with you again where he belongs. I don't know why my girl went so suddenly either, she was fine one minute and then collapsed. As she was nearly 12 I didn't want her hospitalised and chose to have her pts. There isn't a day when I don't think of her either; I lost her in 2007. Thinking of you too. xx

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so sorry. It is so unfair I lost my "once in a lifetime special boy" last year and I still dont know why . We left him at the vets and he was given a sedative and when we picked him up he didnt know us. He was obviously brain damaged ...the vets said a brain tumour but he had no symptoms when he was left in the morning so we will never know.... I still feel angry and sad and think about him every day... I was so angry and upset at the time that it was my favourite boy i had lost and not my other boy which was very unfair of me as he is lovely too.....I couldnt look at him or fuss him for a few days ....It does get a bit easier but it does take time and then one day you start to look back and remember all the good times you had together and the funny bits and less of that sad day and it is ok to have a good cry!!
Everyone is feeling your sadness and grief

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic