The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 now reunited beardie View next topic
View previous topic
pixies peeps
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

missing beardie merthyr tidfil http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=136395

THANKFULLY NOW BEEN REUNITEDXXXXX

Remembering Pixie- Love of my lifexx

Last edited by pixies peeps on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joybells
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor lass, she must be terrified. Please let her be found soon.

Nina07
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those b... fireworks again... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I hope she is found soon... Crying or Very sad

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope she is found quickly, blasted fireworks Evil or Very Mad

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats the 3rd dog I have heard about . There really should be laws enforced to restrict Fireworks . Then at least you would have a clue when to expect them.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

she is one of Hazels, now reunited Wink

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh! I'm so happy to read the latest news! What a relief!!!...

JulieC
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard from SandY today that Moppetswood Madi had been scared by fireworks. Have felt sick ever since.....I am over the moon to read she is back home.

Moopetswood Wizard is under the table; he hates fireworks...I think I shall join him.

Scruffymuffins
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So pleased shes home Very Happy heard the bangs and thought of her being scared but glad shes home Very Happy

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phew, thank goodness Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brilliant news Very Happy

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
BryanIsabella
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Issy here Izzie and Gem's Mum
I get so worked up about the B""""""""! Firework's every year
Bryan and I get so upset as our Izzie is absolutely terrified We have 2 of the Adaptil pheranomes (Spelling) plugged in an adaptil spray which I have sprayed
all over the house and it stink's like cheesy sock's and we also sent for Adaptil calm tablet's which we started Izzie on yesterday, I am praying that all this work's , our little rescue dog Gem does not seem bothered nothing seem's to put her up not down.
Why don't we all put a Petition to Michael Gove (MP) who has since done something about all the horrible undercover dealer's and puppy farm's , whether it will make any difference time will tell. There should only be organised firework display's and the shop's should not be allowed to sell firework's to the punlic
I feel so strongly about this, but just talking about it will not do anything to help our babies and all the other poor animal's out there
Please let me know your thought;s on this
Issy

Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Issy. I couldn't agree with you more about shops not being allowed to sell fireworks. I can't see that happening though - I live in a London suburb near to Southall, which has a huge ethnic population who celebrate Diwali each year like we do bonfire night. Many of the high street shops there sell fireworks, including the huge display type ones which sound like WW3 beginning. The revenue the firework trade generates must be lucrative. Its not as if its only this time of year either, New Years Eve and various lesser ethnic festivals are other excuses to go crazy with these awful things. My last beardie was just like yours, terrified. I used to get a sedatory pill for her from the vet each year. Heidi used to lie under the table panting and shaking. Jethro by complete contrast isn't that bothered - he barks a bit but isn't freaked out.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for reply Heidiwoof , I remember when we lived in Slough , the Ethnic community had firwork's going off most of the time it was like living in a war zone, that is when we haad our Beardie Jack and Sandy and they were both terrified
I for the life of me can not understand the mentality of people , when I was a student nurse many year's ago, working on a Burn's Ward brought home how
frightening firework's were and should only be sold to people with a special licence , the children that used to be admitted with the loss of an eye and many other tragic burn's, I do not think the vast majority understand the tragedy , pain and suffering that is caused, I still think Michael Gove should be approached to see if anything can be done although I know the Goverment profit from the huge revenue from the sale of firework's
we are dreading tonight with Izzie, I have given her an Adaptil Calming Tablet
we sent for them as the vet usually gives Diazapan (spelling) and I don't want Izzie to be zonked out

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree public displays only, they may be fun for some people but if that fun causes distress to others then surely that can't be right? A police comissioner is calling for a ban due to the fact that the police and fire brigade can't cope. A petition to ban sales to the public has already been done Issy, nothing came of it of coursel Evil or Very Mad

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My thoughts will be with you tonight Issy, I remember only too well how poor Heidi felt. Although sedation worked, she was "out of it" for 12-24 hours and I don't think that's good for a dog. However, it was better than watching her suffer. My cats have found their hidey holes in the bedroom, otherwise they'd be nervous wrecks too, and they're not quite a year old. The first loud bang and they fled (they were indoors at the time). Hope your Izzie copes ok.

xx
Mary

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone
just to let you all know how Izzie coped tonight.
This was her best firework night ever if you know what I mean.
I came across these tablet's when we were sending for the Adaptil Diffuser
from Ani med Direct (cheaper than the vet's) The Tablet's are of the same family as the Adaptil Diffuser which you plug in and the scent of the Mother's Pheranomes (spelling) is supposed to calm the dog's, but it only does a little we found, so I read up on the Tablet's andwe gave Izzie 1 yesterday and 1 about 11am this morning and then about 4pm today and it stopped her shaking and running to hide she was not out of it and they left her much calmer, it was so much better and Izzie was wagging her tail a thing she never does when the firework's are on, don't get me wrong she still did not like the bang's but what a difference. Bryan and myself . I took Izzie and Gem out about 5pm and the firework's were pretty bad , and she would not even do a wee, and Bryan and myself are just back and she did all her business and is going around wagging her tail. Like a miracle
Pack of 40 tablet's 24.15
Hope this help''s you all
xx

Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so glad you've found something to help her, its really distressing for the owner when the dog is so obviously upset. We now have 1 day of comparative peace before 5 nights of LOUD fireworks, I'm just thankful Jethro's not bothered and the cats come in early and go to sleep in their respective hidey holes. And then of course we have New Year's Eve ... Sad Sad Sad

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We are just so lucky that we do not get any fireworks because we live so rurally. I remember my first Beardie, Bunty, she was so bad the vet gave me sedative tablets for her. She would just throw herself at the doors, window, walls, anything that got in the way of her trying to run. Even after the fireworks, ANY noise spooked her. I could not use the oven if she was in the house as even that noise sent her wild. The biggest difficulty was that the fear reaction, panting dribbling etc., lasted for days!
I feel for you all who have a noise sensitive animal.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some time ago I saw a video here (I think it was here anyway) showing a dog at the groomer's being really nervous and frightened by the dryer used by the groomer. Then the groomer put what was called in that video a "Happy Hoodie" around the dog's head and he instantly relaxed and could be dried without any problem. I wonder if a Happy Hoodie would be effective for the loud bangs emitted by fireworks or the thunder during storms?... I've just made one for each of my 2 girls as we may have some thunderstorm later today, just by cutting a sleeve off an old jumper I don't wear anymore. The smaller end at the wrist will be for Miss You and the larger end up the arm for Foxie. Photos to come! Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic