The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Hello to all Guests...... View next topic
View previous topic
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing mwah hah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ps, apropos of nothing, MIBII is on....... Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds ominous Mark Shocked

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh brilliant, Jacquie - perfect nickname for him - OminousMark Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing Love it!

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

... Who are you calling Omniarse ?! ... Evil or Very Mad ...

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I was going to come in till I read that last comment - might steer clear for bit.

Heck, no, nothing ventured etc......

Hey Shirley, I daren't show this thread to Millie, she will will be muttering about beardie rights if I'm not careful. Sadly my garden is tiny; I did once have a mini assault course set up but it certainly lacked the excitement of yours. Millie would love a companion to, (I was going to say "play with" but a more suitable word would be "torment"). Very Happy However, please don't shed tears, she has several groups of friends - Bubbles who gives her kisses, Kake, who gives me kisses, and Strudel, who reaches up to my ankle bone but has the nerve of a lion. Then there are the Vizslas, all six of them - they are good for a hearty chase, even after a two hour walk through the woods. I think Millie is now a Wishzla, at the end of the walk she would quite happily trot off with them and leave me to walk home alone. Sad .She can be a real Gangsters' Moll at times. Maisie and Woody we don't see so often but Woody makes you think that his world would end if he couldn't race up and twirl himself round and round your ankles, doggy delight personified. Then up at Green Farm she has Echo, Tilly, Molly and Abby , as well as four large horses and enough mud to make an alligator happy. Down in the town Red likes a quieter stroll, she is an ex breeding bitch, just discovering that life isn't merely a cage and pups, and then we have Ted. Ted is family, obviously male, so he is fair game for anything that Millie fancies, and she usually fancies anything that he is looking at/has/is lying on/playing with - even though she already is in possession of same. And last bit not least our hosts in Devon the gorgeous Mac and Tali. Ken, a real gent puts up with her, but Tali is the love of her life - the only one she ever chooses to play with on equal terms. If they were human there would be wedding bells. Awwwww.

Hi Mark - I really came in to say that the floor in your kitchen is the envy of my life, I am still searching for the same. One of these visits you might get up late to find me gone and the floor tiles missing, wouldn't be the first tile floor I have lifted. Laughing Laughing

Well, I don't often spend time sitting here but we have been imprisoned on site to await the man who will come and mend my central heating boiler. Finally the phone call to tell me that he was on his way came a few minutes ago - except that it wasn't - it was to tell me that he had just let the boiler company know that he was taking the day off. Would I like to wait in tomorrow Question Question Question Question Question Question That will make it a week since it started its tantrums. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

However, so good to read your posts and have a chat.

Take care folks

Joy and Millie

P.S. I suppose I could have done the ironing , why ever didn't I think of that Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
........ironing!!!!!!!!!!!! gasphorrorandgaspagain.......what a shocking idea! No, Joy - runnnnnnnn....runnnnnnnawaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....saaaaaave yoursellllllllllllllllllllffffffffffff! I cant breathe.......no, no ironing........pantpantpant.......

And, Omniarse?....that is even BETTER than OminousMark Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

judy g wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
........ironing!!!!!!!!!!!! gasphorrorandgaspagain.......what a shocking idea! No, Joy - runnnnnnnn....runnnnnnnawaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....saaaaaave yoursellllllllllllllllllllffffffffffff! I cant breathe.......no, no ironing........pantpantpant.......

And, Omniarse?....that is even BETTER than OminousMark Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

Exactly my thoughts! I have a saying that I strongly adhere to and it says 'If it needs ironing then don't buy it!' I have lost count of the number of items donated to the charity shops. Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same policy here Shirley Wink Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shirley and Jacquie - we are sisters under the skin Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to go for as many creases as possible, it makes my face look smooth ... Cool

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I suppose I ought to confess that the ironing pile is the result of my washing after my September holiday, or was it the May one? Memory like a sieve.

I have just had lunch, had to go to town to get some fruit and I was planning to pick up some logs. We had a pleasant morning so I went into the front garden at last to do some tidying, bit of snipping etc. All going well until I needed to reach across to the far side of the border. Being a bit short in the leg I took a step nearer, quite without thinking, and next thing - my feet shot from under me and I landed smack on the wooden sleeper edging the lawn, fortunately not the sharp edge else I may well have been sliced in two. Ouch !! putting it mildly. Millie and I are now using it as an excuse to light the fire and to sit and look out at the garden, now covered in snow.

Sadly can't possibly get up and iron. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I shall ask Mr Google to put me through to Yorkshire tea. I want to know if they sell their decaf as loose tea rather than in bags. I currently spend my days snipping open tea bags and pouring the contents into a jar.

Byeeee

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Miss Google, at your service, Ma'am!
Firstly, Yorkshire Tea is made by the Bettys and Taylors Group...and while there isnt a loose leaf decaf Yorkshire Tea, Bettys makes a loose leaf decaf tea so I am guessing it is Yorkshire Tea decaf loose, by any other name....here is the link
https://www.bettys.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=loose+leaf+yorkshire+tea+decaf

Very Happy Hope that helps! Please remember to give me a positive review on TrustPilotthingy Very Happy Cool

Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, just wanted to post something which I haven't done for a long while now.

My beautiful rescue Beardie Josie has totally changed our lives. We've had her for the best 8 years. Every hour she makes me smile. She has such character!
Every night she sits on my feet making sure I don't leave her. Then about 8pm she takes herself off to bed upstairs (on my bed which goes without saying).

Then the barking, oh the barking. I'm sure I don't need to say anything more about that.
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Josie's mum....

Friend of mine's parents had a Beardie who insisted on going to bed at the same time each night - and would only sleep outdoors, in a kennel. She would go to the door each night and stand there, stock still, " pointing " at the door, until someone let her outdoors.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the subject of BARKING.

My wee one never barks! The only sound he makes is a single 'snappy' bark when he is outside and the big 'un is inside. It is his way of asking the big 'un to come out and play!

The big un loves to bark as he chases the little one in their games. How he does it so effectively when he has a toy in his mouth I have no idea Rolling Eyes but he never loses hold of the toy.

When he is chasing other dogs during their 'play' hour on the common, he just doesn't bark at all, but then he hasn't got a toy in his mouth! Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

judy g wrote:
Shirley and Jacquie - we are sisters under the skin Very Happy

I always knew that Judy Wink Cool Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shirley if you're talking barking dogs then Triskel can outdo any dog on the planet! And yes she also barks with a toy (an extra large size black Kong) in her mouth, we call it her mute as it does lessen the noise a bit Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are at all interested....I just found my First Ever Post...way back in July 2008....all I can say, is it is probably the sign of things to come! Cool Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Josie's mum. Barking! My last beardie (rescue girl) was so quiet you wouldn't have known I had a dog ... but the current one, now approaching 7 years old, more than makes up for it - he never stops! So I know just where you're coming from with that. And to think because Heidi was quiet I thought all beardies were Embarassed

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha, Mary, I made that mistake too !!!

Hey Judy, thank you for the tea information, I will give it a whirl. When I phoned up head office the girls on the phone said they didn't sell it loose. I already but the decaf but it comes in bags.

Henceforth I shall be known as the Bag Lady.

Now where have I heard that phrase before?? Can't recall, never mind, probably nothing untoward.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy But Joy, you are OUR Bag Lady..... Very Happy Hope that you can get the loose stuff, and I learned something into the bargain - that Yorkshire Tea is part of a bigger organisation.

All Hail, (Mr) G! Cool

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic