The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Incontinence View next topic
View previous topic
beardielady
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have not noticed lots of Beardies becoming incontinent but perhaps the owners do not talk about it much or perhaps the dog just gets given incontinence medication without having further tests to see if there is another cause.

Interesing.... but I am wary of statistics especially with all permutations there can be. Some of those “high risk” dogs are also ones that are not the most prolific so how many Beardies would they have seen? Would they have taken that into consideration? Did they include cross breeds, mongrels?

Were the neutered bitches neutered early or later in life? Had they had puppies previous to being neutered? (I am thinking some humans have babies and then become incontinent later in life). How many of these dogs were diagnosed with incontinence without the vet doing any tests – thyroid for example? If the thyroid is not working properly it can cause incontinence amongst other things.

“Increased odds of a diagnosis of urinary incontinence were associated with: (4) being insured” – had to laugh at that. Does that mean I can reduce the incidence of incontinence if I do not insure my Beardie? Confused

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic