The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Crufts - warning View next topic
View previous topic
kirstancourt
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I attended the NEC today and was shocked and disgusted to be charged £10 for disabled parking Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation It seems it came into force around september of last year Evil or Very Mad so be prepared everyone attending Crufts with badges you will still have to pay Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
kay

KIRSTANCOURT BEARDED COLLIES

Image [img]
THE PHOENIX HAS RISEN !!
Imke
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it was on the entry form for Crufts Kay, so we've already paid

Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad Sad Sad that's not fair

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler
Beardie Mom
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just seen this Kay..thats a bit of poor show on their part ..sorry I didn't even realise you had a disabled badge tho Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No it's not fair but they're not alone. Even some hospitals now charge badge holders for parking. Mad
kirstancourt
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and last year everyone who renewed their badge had to pay a fee !!!!

Image [img]
THE PHOENIX HAS RISEN !!
Thingamebob
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

robbery for everybody. im pretty sure its not the nec who get the money tho but theoeganisation who hire the venue KC win again. been to stuff in the past free parking

www.thingamebob.weebly.com

http://www.facebook.com/zoforobinson
tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pure greed. They know it is a captive audience and for most people getting there by public transport isn't a serious option.
We Just went to the British Equestrian Trade Show (BETA) show there and it was FREE parking as it was for the crafts show that was on at the same time. . So they can do it.

Kentish Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our local hospital charges disabled badge holders now. How unkind Sad

sue xxx

RUN FREE BLOSSOM xxx
FEARGHAL HAS A FOREVER HOME
VALERIE AND VALENTINE ARE SAFE

Cornish Cleo
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thingamebob wrote:
robbery for everybody. im pretty sure its not the nec who get the money tho but theoeganisation who hire the venue KC win again. been to stuff in the past free parking

Actually Jane, I don't believe the KC get any money from the car parking. All car parking fees go to the NEC I think. All day parking used to be £8 but went up to £10 last September - the first rise in many years and the fees contribute directly to the upkeep of the car parks, running of the free shuttle bus service, maintenance of road surfaces, all lighting, and manning of the areas with traffic stewards, who are employed directly by the NEC.

Occasionally, and I think it tends to be for smaller events, an event ticket price will include parking and the organisers will then pay that amount to the NEC, which would account for the times you have experienced "free parking".

I only know this as I have a friend who used to work there.

Not that any of that is relevent to the new disabled parking charges!
Beardie Mom
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It isn't only for smaller events Cleo as the Caravan and Motorhome show is mahoosive and that has free parking !

Was in town this morning and met a friend and talking about the disabled parking charges at hospitals etc said her neighbour uses her Auntie's Disabled ticket all the time ( she uses the car to take her Auntie out ) ...but her Auntie lives miles away and is only in the car with her once every few months Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad so she is using it illegally..That REALLY makes my blood boil as genuine disabled people will be having to park further away !

I tried to get a Disabled Ticket to use when my Mum was alive , I went into the doctor with her to see how we went about getting one ( Mum was 82 at the time ) and he asked her if she could walk a 100 yards with no pain ...she replied 'I could run that far without pain Doctor !' ...and even though she passed away 6 months later at that time she blooming well could ...So he said sorry you wont qualify for a ticket then Mrs Jones !!

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Beardie Mom wrote:
It isn't only for smaller events Cleo as the Caravan and Motorhome show is mahoosive and that has free parking !

Was in town this morning and met a friend and talking about the disabled parking charges at hospitals etc said her neighbour uses her Auntie's Disabled ticket all the time ( she uses the car to take her Auntie out ) ...but her Auntie lives miles away and is only in the car with her once every few months Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad so she is using it illegally..That REALLY makes my blood boil as genuine disabled people will be having to park further away !

I tried to get a Disabled Ticket to use when my Mum was alive , I went into the doctor with her to see how we went about getting one ( Mum was 82 at the time ) and he asked her if she could walk a 100 yards with no pain ...she replied 'I could run that far without pain Doctor !' ...and even though she passed away 6 months later at that time she blooming well could ...So he said sorry you wont qualify for a ticket then Mrs Jones !!

Good job my M isn't reading this about the the misuse of dis-abled badges.......she really gets annoyed for herself and other disabled people........they are misused in Canada as well............often her o/h can't get the car in a space to get the wheelchair out......and like here sometimes they are charged at events/sometimes not

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In Droitwich the wardens (who have been the same ones for years) check people who they dont know/recognise to see if they are the badge holder if they are on there own now and I believe there have been quite a few fines.
kx

Image [img]
THE PHOENIX HAS RISEN !!
Imke
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it annoys me a lot too, often disabled places will be occupied by people that don't need to be there and what most annoys me is that those people tend to be very pleased with themselves too for getting such a good spot Evil or Very Mad
Another thing I find annoying is that often people use disabled bathrooms if there's a line for the normal ones with the result that disabled people end up waiting for the able bodied people to leave their facility!

Rip Van Pauline
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Imke wrote:
it annoys me a lot too, often disabled places will be occupied by people that don't need to be there and what most annoys me is that those people tend to be very pleased with themselves too for getting such a good spot Evil or Very Mad
Another thing I find annoying is that often people use disabled bathrooms if there's a line for the normal ones with the result that disabled people end up waiting for the able bodied people to leave their facility!

You and my daughter would make a fine team, Imke.......you with your mum on her mobility scooter and me with M in her elec wheelchair,......we'd soon sort the 'mis-users' out Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a view of a disabled parking are from my office. You would be amazed at how many fit and able people park there and show badges. They are open to misuse. We even have a guy park a low sports car and produce one. Would like to know what disability he has to get one for his car !!

They just put nightlights on to show us they care.
lynnelink
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This really gets up my nose when people park in disabled spaces with a disabled person in the car. My son has a blue badge due to mobility problems as well as his autism and adhd some days he can hardly walk due to pains in his legs. As David is only 17 people tend to stare when we put the blue badge up and then assume it's mine as i walk with a stick due to arthiritis. I have had people question me as to why David has a badge and i just say cos he needs one . Have seen loads of cars parked in disabled spaces and now leave a note asking them not to be so selfish not that it does anything just makes me feel better

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic