The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Our Sue - Two years on View next topic
View previous topic
Devon-Maid
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you all that our lovely Kentish Sue has lost her battle with cancer and passed away peacefully on the 4th March 2015.

She was a beautiful person and so full of fun, humour and wit. Even with her own health problem she was there for those that needed support of any sort.

I have been asked to let you know that the family do not want anything to be posted on facebook or any other social media at this point, but Mike has said he is happy for me to post this on here as we have been part of Sue's life for the past 7 years.

Our love and thoughts go to all the family – they have lost a wonderful daughter, wife, mother and grandmother.

We have lost a precious friend xxx

Gilly, Mark, Mackenzie and Tali

GILLY ,MARK, MACKENZIE AND TALI

Last edited by Devon-Maid on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
AnnS
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so sad to read this. Sincere condolences to all the family.

AnnS
KCMenagerie
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so sorry to hear. condolences.

JulieC
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is such sad and unbelievable news, and knowing that Sue was fighting such a difficult battle, I always hoped there would be a miracle just for her.

I will never forget this special lady, she always thought of others even when she was going through the mill herself.

Sending her family sincere condolences from all here.

Xxx

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's so terrible. I'm new to the site and didn't know her, but had read many of her posts. Sincerest condolences to her family.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even though we knew this was coming I still can’t believe our darling chat chum will no longer be with us. I will miss her so much; her sense of humour and her ability to make us laugh at even the worst of times were just some of her endearing ways. Now I am sure she will be at Rainbow Bridge with all hers and our beloved pets as that is where she would like to be. For the very last time my friend……….

Night night and sweet dreams

love you lots

xxxx

PS Your dogdaughter Aria sends special nose kisses to you x

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Such devastating news, she was so warm loving and compassionate. My deepest sympathies to all who loved her, she'll be deeply missed.

Bonnie xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Life sucks sometimes Crying or Very sad
I'm walking in the Relay for Life for the Cancer Society this weekend, and I will walk for her.
Sending good thoughts to her family

Nicky
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is so sad, I suppose the only blessing is here's hoping she is now with her beloved Beardies.
Thoughts very much with family and friends

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am devastated to hear this and my heart truly goes out to family, friends and all those who “knew” Sue through her wonderful blogs and postings. She will be so sadly missed by all whose days she brightened with her sense of fun despite being in the midst of fighting her own long-term battles. Her caring and support for the plight of both other people and of course the 4-leggeds she loved so much was amazing particularly under these circumstances.
Sincerest condolences to Mike and all those who love and miss Sue, I’m so sorry for your loss – she truly was a very brave and special lady.

Bless you Sue and thank you for your kindness. I know you’re not alone and in very special company now – you’ll be missed but never forgotten.
Love Barbs and all of us here xxx
ALISONERANSOM
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am truly stunned to read this as from what little I knew of her she was so full of life and thinking of others before herself. Postings always so full of fun and positive thoughts for all. I had no idea she was fighting such a battle. My prayers will be there for her family and the host of friends she had supporting and loving her.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gilly thank you for posting such a fab picture of Sue.
She fought for every moment she had a brave lady who thought of other rather than herself. She had such a joy with the birth of her Hollie and shared the first year of her life.

She will be missed by all who knew her. Sending our love to Mike and the family.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh I had no idea Crying or Very sad in floods of tears here Crying or Very sad no ides what to say except what a warm, special lady she was.xx
Vix
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So so sad... she battled hard and with such dignity, she was always there to offer support and kind words.. the Beardies will be waiting for her with a big kiss xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sad, Sue was such a special lady. Reunited with her beloved Harry and Sadie. Condolences to Mike and family.
The Beardie Bro's Sis
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had been away frpm fbc for a while so i had no idea. I was so sad to hear this in chat last night.. I never got the chance to meet sue, but I've been on here since I was 13.. Now 20. She watched me grow up and achieve a fair bit. Sue helped me through a bit of a rough patch when I was younger & always kept an eye on me. Not many will know but probably 4 years ago now I did the race for life for sue, I had her name painted on my arm.

We were in chat last night some of us watching strictly and saying how much she loved it. If I remember rightly she said she wanted to do a tour of Scotland and come see us all.

Sleep tight my darling and keep those hairies out of trouble!

Hannah, charlie & Monty.

Xxxx

Last edited by The Beardie Bro's Sis on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
pixies peeps
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Such very sad news. Thoughts are with her family and friends who have lost a very special ladyxx

anne
Bear
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simply stunned to hear this news today. So often Sue was part of my everyday with little notes and shares on FaceBook. They have become part of daily life in some ways... I was lucky enough to meet Sue in person only a couple of times but we had a connection... Beardies and VW's... a wonderful mix and I believe both are like magnets and draw together likeminded folks.

I will miss you alot lovely lady. More than alot.

xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Words fail me... such tragic news. Sue was always so chatty and cheerful and I loved her wit. My thoughts are with Mike and their family at this time and I'm pleased she was able to share special times with her young granddaughter Hollie. Harry and Sadie will have met her at the Rainbow bridge with lots of wagging of tails...
Farewell Sue and may you rest in peace xx

Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many tears shed here yesterday. What a star she was and a good friend, she always gave me the best hugs. Crufts will be difficult but I know she would say get out there and enjoy it. Typical that her last post was for Val and Valentine, always thinking of those in need both human and animal.

Darling Sue, you were my good friend, strong, caring and funny and I will miss you and our exchanges dreadfully. Will be raising a glass or two to you, I know you would approve of that.

Much love and prayer to Mike and her family. God Bless sweetheart. xxx

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so very sad to read this, I met sue briefly at Crufts but through FBC I felt I had known her for a long time. We shall miss you Kentish.
Sincere condolences to her family.

Rest in peace Sue.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sweet Sue

What can I say. She is missed everywhere, on here, in Chat, in our lives. She was the first FBC'er to welcome me, way back in 2008. She made Chat hilarious and her humour and sharp observations will forever, forever be missed. Love goes out to Mike and her family.

Nightly night Sue, sleep well and warm xxx

Remembering Our Lovely Kentish, Betsy, lucyyorkie and Danny Kaye xx
MeganB
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Devastating news. I can't think of the right words to say. Like others also in floods of tears here. Like Hannah, although I've been away from the FBC for a while, I have also been a member for the last 7 years and had the wonderful pleasure of knowing Sue. She was a fantastic woman with the most brilliant sense of humour and the biggest heart. She was always there for me through times of difficulty and the big events in my life too. She was there with her kind words and humour when I brought home my long awaited puppy Luna, got married to my best friend and told her the news of my long awaited baby who is due next week. I wish she could have met this little one.

I will miss her so so much and send Mike, Hannah and the rest of her family all my love and condolences.
Rest peacefully now Sue. I know Harry and Sadie will be overjoyed to see you at Rainbow Bridge for snogs and walkies. Lots of love,
Megan xxxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly, thank you Gilly for making what must have been a very difficult post – we all loved Sue, but you two had a very special relationship.

What can I say..........

Wonderful daughter, wife, mother, grandmother

Friend, confidante, ally, champion of lost causes and lost dogs

Joker, wit, prankster, writer

She stayed with me regularly, along with Gilly, both in Cornwall and Birmingham, and we talked and laughed so much that by the time they left our tongues and sides were aching.

She was one of life's “good guys”, always thinking of others before herself and she will be very sadly missed by all who knew and loved her. Our thoughts are with Wynne, Mike, Hannah, Gareth and, of course, little Hollie who only got to know her amazing grandmother for one short year – but what joy she gave Sue in that year.

Our Sue has been a fighter all her life and even though we have known for some weeks that she was losing this particular battle, it doesn’t make the loss of our dear friend any easier to bear, but she has left us with so many happy memories.

Knowing the end was near, on Tuesday evening some of her friends sat vigil in Chat and we wished her “night night, sweet dreams” as we had done almost every evening for nearly 7 years, and I hope she felt the love. Now I say it one last time.....

Night night, sweet dreams, my very dear friend.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You made me laugh, you made me cry,
The time I’ve known you soon passed by.
Along with Jude and Gilly too
You were the first chatsters I knew.
I loved your posts on Camp Cornwall
So wished that I could join you all -
But time in Chat was just the best
You always laughed, with jokes and jest …
Hazbo and Saides, the waiting’s done
You’ve managed to reel in your mum;
I’m suffering from the Moody Blues
Now we’re without our Kentish Sue.

xxx
Miss you, Sue

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic