The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Our Sue View next topic
View previous topic
SandY
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What can I say that you folks haven't already said. Crying or Very sad I only met Sue briefly, but felt that I knew her through all her FBC postings down through the years. Her sense of humour shone through so strongly in her 'Cornish Blogs' from Perranporth - I used to so look forward to reading of each days happenings through her clever writing from 'Nylon Southfork'. Every posting that she ever made about any topic was always so kind and thoughtful, which speaks volumes to me. Sending so much sympathy to Sue's family and close friends, and particularly to Mike, who has lost Sue, Harry and Sadie in such a short space of time. Crying or Very sad Rest in Peace Sue. XX

Last edited by SandY on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beardie Mom
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The day before yesterday fearing the worst, then yesterday hearing the news, and today reading these tributes has been almost unbearable ..testament to how much Sue meant to us all ..but knowing her as I did makes me realise we have to be brave , because she was so very brave , and funny, kind, generous, talented, selfless, and amazingly she was optimistic . Through all these years that the monstrous disease was with her I never , ever heard her complain ..and when pushed to ask how she was she would make humour of it …humour from the most awful thing imaginable and she could get me laughing.

Sue and I messaged every single day, only ever missing a few days over the last few years ..it was generally in the morning first thing but often in the wee small hours when neither of us could sleep …. my last from her was February the 21st and bless her heart she was still upbeat.

I have been humbled by this girl, going through what she did and still helping me when I was going through a tough time last year, though absolutely nowhere near as tough as she was coping with , she told me how much she valued me as friend ..By God it was me who was the lucky one.

Sue and I often spoke about how special this forum was , and hated that some people knocked it , so do I ..how ever would we have all met and shared laughs and happy times and yes tough ones too ..

I miss her desperately already , but cannot imagine what Mike , Hannah, Gareth and her Mum are feeling and I send heartfelt love to all of them, and Dear Hollie ,thank God for Hollie …and to Gilly , her Best Friend , you two were obviously meant to be x

We all love her , I will not put it in past tense , but I guess Sadie and Harry needed her more ..there will be 5 very happy tails at the bridge today , all her beloved four pawed 'kids'

Sue for the very last time I will sign off to you

Love N hugs xxxxx

snowleopard
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so upset to hear about Sue.

My thoughts are with Mike and all the family, and I am also thinking of all Sues dear friends on the FBC. I know how much Sue meant to you all, and I enjoyed reading and seeing photos over the last few years of your times together which I am sure have created memoires that will always be dear to you and in your hearts forever.

Thank you Sue for being there for me.

God Bless.

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are so shocked to hear this news. We had no idea.....you would never get any sense of what she was going through from her friendly, and uplifting posts.

Sue made us feel so welcome on the site, and although we never met her in person, she was such a star, and great support when we were rehoming Fearghal.

Fearghal will be so upset he'll never get the chance to meet his dogmother, and we are too.....The world has lost a lovely person....

Our thoughts are with Mike and the rest of the family.

Sharon, Lynne, and most of all her special dogson, Fearghal xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had been wondering recently how Sue was doing.

I am deeply shocked and saddened to hear this news. So much so I don't really know what to say or how.

Sue was such a lovely woman and will be a big miss Sad
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm stunned I had no idea what was going on with Sue, she was always so strong and upbeat in her posts. I only met Sue once at the Strawberry Spectacular, she was the first FBC'er I met. I will miss her fun and clever blogs and poems and my thoughts are with her family and friends. Life just ain't fair.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thinking of your poor family Sue, I really cant believe it, just totally lost for words, and you had a way with words, you were just lovely.XX

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've only just heard about Sue and don't often come on here much now, but Sue was one of the first people I knew here and we first met at Crufts 7 years ago (wow) along with Gilly and Cleo.

She was a lovely lady who thought and cared for other people so much. I remember how kind she was to Janis when Janis was first ill and how she always made new people on here feel welcome and valued.

This is very sad news indeed and Sue will be seriously missed.

Rest in piece my dear friend. We'll all miss you deeply.

Goodnight and God bless.

Much love

Belinda and Martin, Daisy and Dave xxx
Annie Acorns
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so sorry to hear this i had no idea.... which makes her even more inspirational as she was a fighter yet always put others first! such a smiley face i will miss seeing along with those comments which sue was known for with her sense of humour...she will always be the lady who taught me the term 'undercrackers' when discussing ironing! but that was sue...such a zest for life too.

so sorry for her family and hollie will grow up knowing what a beautiful lovely woman her nan was and how highly she was thought of by her beardie friends! lovely piece too in the last SCBCC news about her beardies adventures, all the more treasured by her friends now.

hugs to all her family and friends, she was taken too soon xxxx
Archiesdad
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Christine e-mailed me yesterday about the very sad news concerning the passing of Sue.

I was about to go into a meeting a few minutes after I received the e-mail and had to postpone for 30 mins as I felt I had been hit by a ten ton truck.

I knew Sue was ill and fighting like hell to beat this terrible disease but sadly succumbed to it.

I only met Sue in person at Cornwall a couple of times but we hit it off straight away.

She used to take the Mick out of my Geordie accent and I used to try and get her to say "whey aye man". She failed miserably but we had a great laugh.

Sue was one of the first persons to reply to my rant concerning Archie when I first joined this site.

Every day she pm'd me about how he was getting on and was very supportive.

I can hear her voice now, throwing in the odd swear word (when I say odd word!! Laughing ).

To Mike and all the rest of the family I am so sorry.

To all those attending Crufts, don't be sad - make it Sue's Friday - a celebration of an extraordinary woman - an inspiration to us all.

It was a pleasure and honour knowing you.

Chris, Christine, Archie, Robbie and Rory
xxxxx
sarahbates
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so very sorry to hear about Sue. She was a lovely lady and although I never met her - a nice friend on Facebook and always had lovely things to say about all our beardies. Sending love and thoughts to her family and tomorrow at Crufts I will be thinking of her.

Lots of love to all of us who knew her - virtually and in reality xxxxxxxxxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue, Our Beautiful Friend, thank you for being such a wonderful, caring, generous and most loving person, you touched all of our hearts and you will be so very deeply missed, you will be remembered each and every day.

I hope that you have your Onesie and wellies with you for walking the dogs.

Our Prayers and thoughts are with you Mike, Hannah and Family xxx

Sue this is for you xxxxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_JLkIOnq04

Last edited by kathryn on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Poem Man
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so sad and shocked to hear this terrible news, Sue and I became immediate friends when we first met, what a lovely lady with a wonderful sense of humour a truly great writer, who once wrote a wonderful poem for me about my Polish lowland boy "Biff", I will treasure it now more so along with all the wonderful memories of this smashing lady who with help from her lovely friend Jill talked me into keeping a Blue puppy boy out of our litter after I said no way could we keep another Beardie...they persuaded me by saying they would wear tee shirts discrediting me for not letting Carole keep a Blue boy, they won and we have Paddy Blue in our family now.
Bless you Sue, Carole and I are so shocked by your passing.

So sorry for Mike and family and all of Sue's many friends. xxxx

May the Beardie Bounce be with you always and may all your good dreams come true.
The Hairies
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why, but I guessed something had happened last night, when you were all on chat, deep into the night. I just don't know what to say.
I can't claim to be a good friend of Sue's, but a friend non the less. Her passion for dogs was always to the front, and her manner so calming. When she entered a posting for missing or homes needed for our 4 legged friends, I just knew that they would be safe.
She made me laugh and cry with her blogs. Such a selfless lady, always thinking of others.
God Bless you Sue, I guess the call from Sadie and Harry was just to strong.
Sleep tight, you will be missed xxxxxx

Nige
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi to one and all Especially those that know me !!
I had just returned from South Africa and was planning to come to Crufts and meet all the gang who I haven't seen for over 12 months as I lost the way after my younger sister dies last year.
I cannot begin to explain my thoughts when I opened Gilly's email....

As I write this tears are forming along with a beautiful memory of a friend who always made me feel welcome. Gibbs was 7 the other day too !!

Love to you all. And Sue if they allow Laptops up above, I am sure you will be logging in. Sadie and Harry now have their mum with them.... Just remember now Sue the glass will always be full and never half empty
Very Happy

Lots of love and Beard woofs

Nige & Gibbs

PS.. Those were lovely words CJ
Furface
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked and saddened to read this. I never met Sue but did have a lovely long chat with her on the phone, sadly just the once. She was so easy to talk to, a lovely lady.

I joined fbc after losing my Beardie boy George Xmas Day '09. Every Christmas Day morning, Sue would message to say she was thinking of me and would raise a glass to George. I was always deeply touched that she did that.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I saw Gilly's post this morning have been thinking of all my memories of our Sue , some funny some sad but all treasured in their own way. She made me laugh so many times when she said us Sarf London girls and we couldn't believe we were both born at the same hospital and we thought both our mums could have met when Sue and my brother were born. I would like to think they did meet Smile Our Sue always put others first and was always there with a kind word .
My heart goes out to all of Sue's family especially her Mum, Mike , Gareth Hannah and little Hollie. She was so proud of her children and her wee grand daughter and we were all thrilled when we got photos sent of Hollie. Hugs to you Gilly , you and Sue had such a special friendship ,it was a joy for us to see xx
We will all miss you Sue , you were so special to us. Sweet Dreams Sue sleep tight xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot add to what has been said
We said night night sweet dreams in chat the other night, hope it sent you on your way peacefully. You will be missed. You earned your wings.
Condolences to Mike, your mum Hannah, Gareth, & all your family.

hillshepherd
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue always took such an interest in all things going on in my sheep world(including shepherds dress sense lol) I will miss our chats and our humerous times in chat on FBC. I am sure Sue will keep them well entertained in the next world as she did us in ours.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Such sad news.A wonderful person in every way and sadly taken far too soon.We shall cherish the memories of Sue and her two Partners in Crime at the pre-Crufts visits to our rescue centre......Beardies,bacon butties and tea...lotsa tea Laughing Our thoughts are with Mike.Hannah and Gareth.Running free over the bridge with Harry and the Pink Lady.......God bless sweet Sue.

Good night Jacko,you were a Prince of Borders.Sadly missed but never to be forgotten.

Pond-dippin mud-magnets rule,yea!
The Pimms Queen
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry to read this news.

Thinking of Mike & family.

Beardies are......collectable!
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I say that our Mary (Heidiwuff) kept a candle burning for Sue all Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, and all of Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Bless her xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Sue was a special lady full of kindness and compassion whose humour and zest for life touched the hearts of us all.

Condolences to Mike, her family and many friends xx
Joybells
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw Sue, we had such fun with our rhyming banter.

Sometimes you’d moan, though just in jest.
about your figure, not the best,
and wish for legs longer and thinner
and maybe hips a little slimmer.
Sometimes the problem was you feared
your bottom lip might sprout a beard!
When grey first peeped then multiplied
you were dismayed and sometimes sighed,
Dilemma! Should you dye it brown
or should you boldly face it down?

But life’s real trials were hid away
not aired to spoil another’s day.
You’d go abroad with cheerful smile