The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Our Sue View next topic
View previous topic
Devon-Maid
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aww Joy that is so lovely xxx

GILLY ,MARK, MACKENZIE AND TALI
Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Joyous in every way - magic, Joy. Lost in admiration.

xx

Sue I could never forget you xxx you were so special.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's lovely Joy.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A wonderful poem Joy. I missed this post yesterday Sad
Chat is a lot quieter these days without Sue. I still hear her voice though at the end of the night 'Sweet dreams each'

munchkin
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Beautiful Joy, now step away from those chores xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, watcher sue, I have just had a very tasty bacon and cheese buttie and we are now sitting toasting our feet/paws by my lovely wood stove. I know it's almost May, but you know how I feel the cold and it has suddenly returned with a vengeance. So we are now very cosy and I feel a lazy gossip coming on.

We are so fortunate living here at this difficult time. I have just been for a two hour walk along the trail and passed only five people. It's quite interesting to watch them, you can lay a bet as they approach on what they will do when closer. It's a pretty straight run most of the way so you can see them for ages, one group of four spread out and filling the trail but then smoothly drifting into single file as they come closer and pass. Must be locals I say, probably a bit unkindly, but we were inundated at one point with visitors who seemed completely unconcerned about passing nose to nose! I did once have to make my point by climbing up the bank! Fortunately things are back to being reasonable with folk automatically swinging to one side; almost like a dance at times.

We have had a quiet morning with me taking heed of some prodding to sit in the garden and read a book except that I sat by there fire - see, you are not the only one with the right idea. Not that I had planned a walking marathon today but I thought I would just nip onto the scales before we went; it was quite disconcerting when they shouted, " Will one of you get off"! Obviously sitting on the edge of my veggie beds and poking the soil with a small fork is not having the desired effect. Neither is putting tiny seeds into small pots. Now that is a fairly new activity for me, I have previously been able to benefit from Gilly's labours, all that experience should definitely not be wasted. Trouble is, some of them are so small they are hard to grip properly and they either drift down and land all on the same spot or, even worse, drift down and miss the pot completely and when they are your last few that can cause a good deal of Anglo Saxon to slip out. Good job my neighbour is hard of hearing. But then, later, watching and waiting to see them pop up and steadily grow is quite exciting, almost like having your own children - except that I am going to eat this lot.

Millie is her usual bossy self, unfortunately having a bit of a bladder problem at the moment, but so good when I tangle my self in knots trying to put a doggy nappy on, (her, not me). She still looks and behaves like the beast from hell when people come the front door but I am quite happy with that. I have to say, she loves her new roll as fire monitor even though she hasn't quite got the idea that she isn't supposed to nod off while on duty. Ah well, you can't win 'em all.

I had better sign off - have yet to go and give my green babies their night time drink, then a short walk with Millie and then, if I can keep my eyes open, a visit to chat.

In this time of booking slots for red wine and beans, (some people have odd priorities), may we put in one for just a few days of rain, then back to the sun. Some of us have hedges to trim and brambles to fight.

Night night

PS we were warned
But which ?????
or ??????

Joy and your Milliepede
xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Joybells on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile Joy....I shall break into the WeatherPiggyBank for you...shall do my best...xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ummmm Sue.... if you can hear me....Joy is talking about my priorities just in case you were wondering Cool

Well done Joy on relaxing today - sitting in front of the fire is as good as sitting in the sun.

Happy planting xxx

GILLY ,MARK, MACKENZIE AND TALI
Joybells
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooops, must type more quietly next time
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Joy for cheering me up. My scales went into overdrive as soon as I put one foot on this morning, never mind 2 Sad . Its rained all day here but no puddles in the garden, so we really needed that rain. I can almost hear the army of slugs and snails as they march towards my little runner beans - I have stationed the defences (animal friendly slug pellets) but -

Round here we might as well not be in lockdown as far as social distancing is concerned. Sue, I bet you're laughing your head off up there at the chaos down here - well, you just carry on laughing Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic