The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Bruno View next topic
View previous topic
Barbs
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Belinda is obviously devastated by recent events and has asked me to put a post on here for those of you who aren't on her FB friend's list. So many of you were brilliantly supportive some years ago for her lovely boy Bruno, when he broke his leg and she knows you have been 100% behind him (and her) over the past few days while he has been hospitalised fighting a suspected autoimmune condition. Finally confirmed as thrombocytopenia, it is tragic that Bruno lost the fight for life last night. He is now resting at home where he belongs and where his family can say their final goodbyes.

Life is so unfair sometimes. Bruno left us peacefully in his sleep and is now in the care of the wonderful beardie family beyond the bridge. For those left behind who love, miss and grieve for Bruno, life is pretty grim right now. I know that Belinda appreciates every bit of support and sympathy received, and will respond when she can, but at present the overwhelming shock of what has happened has left her understandably struggling.
For now, many thanks on her behalf for all the lovely comments and candles.
Sweet dreams Bruno - always loved and missed by those who held you dear. Many hugs and love to you Belinda - you're in our thoughts and we share your sadness.
Barbs xxx
Devon-Maid
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was so sorry to see this news on the candles thread - thank you for posting Barbs.

Run free dear Bruno - our friends at the bridge will be there to guide you

Love to you Belinda xxx

GILLY ,MARK, MACKENZIE AND TALI
Cornish Cleo
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I, too, was devastated to read the tragic news, and my heart goes out to Belinda, Elaine and Bertie at this saddest of times.

No words can help, but please know, Belinda, that you and your family are in our hearts, our thoughts and our prayers.

Run free, beautiful boy, with all our beloved beardies at the Bridge.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sending heartfelt sympathy to Belinda at this very sad time. Crying or Very sad XX
Mac & Tali
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, Belinda ... sending love at this sad, sad time. x

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Precious boy xxx Sweet Dreams

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry Belina we all know how much you care for all your dogs you must feel heartbroken.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Belinda, meeting you and Bruno at Discover Dogs helped me so much - I wouldn't have had Jethro without that meeting. Run free Bruno. So so sorry Belinda. Hugs. xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry Belinda, nothing can relieve the hurt and sadness you must be feeling, we are all thinking of you, Elaine and Bertie at this awfull time.

Run free at the bridge dear Bruno with all our beardie friends no longer with us. I like to think that my Little Echo will be busy organising Bruno right now.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so hard to find the right words, as none will help ..but the white light we had shining for Bruno is still on for you Belinda and all the beardies there who must be missing him , especially Clarrie xxxxx

Scruffymuffins
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh poor Belinda Crying or Very sad I didn't know Bruno was ill Crying or Very sad run free gorgeous boy. Xx
The Hairies
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So very sorry to hear this

Sweet dreams Bruno, run free lad.
xxxxxx

judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear this, run free Bruno xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry Belinda. Run free Bruno Crying or Very sad

tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry Belinda thinking of you , run free Bruno

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry
Run free Bruno x
Sue x
Gilliebreeze
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so sorry Belinda xxxx thinking of you

JulieC
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been off the planet with Flu for the last two weeks and only just catching up.

I'm am so sorry to read about Bruno ( I have a lovely photo somewhere of him saying "hello" to one of my boys at one of the SCBCC fun days some years ago.)

Sending love to you Belinda, Bertie and Elaine.... run free beautiful Bruno xxx

belindasteer
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I haven't been able to look at FBC for a while - or the posts on facebook - as I have found losing Bruno overwhelming. I wasn't with him when he died, he was all alone, and I am finding that impossible to bear - he haemorrhaged in his sleep in his kennel at the vets in the night. The nurse found him in the morning, still curled up, but he had bled to death.

He had suddenly developed Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia - an auto immune condition - it appeared and killed him within a week despite correct treatment.
His immune system turned against itself and destroyed his blood cells, he had no platelets left so couldn't clot. You might remember that Clarrie - his sister had Immune Mediated Haemolytic Anaemia 2 yrs ago but she managed to win her battle even though it took half a year and I watch her like a hawk and constantly worry and wait for a relapse..

I am so so grateful for all your messages, love and kindness - can I ask one thing more? Can I ask that you join BeaCon and add your Beardie's details to the Open Health Registry so that we can develop a proper picture of the health issues facing Beardies. This is info and a link to the site, you can access a doc there which tells you how to join. http://scbcc.co.uk/beacon-for-health/

And - another ask - please all attend as many seminars and workshops about Auto Immune illnesses in beardies to learn about these conditions, so that you are aware of what to look for, how we can try and work to avoid them developing - and how we can work together as the caretakers of our breed - to end the whispering and secrecy around these conditions and all share vital information and develop our knowledge and work to save our beardies from these conditions in the future.

And please, please, if you have a Beardie who has shown any Auto Immune conditions - SLO, SRMA, AIHA etc etc - Please don't breed from them or their close relatives. I bred Clarrie and Bruno from healthy parents - mum was 8 and dad was 10 - and I knew all their family members for all their long lives. And despite all my best efforts and research I STILL produced dogs who went on to become afflicted with this condition in middle age - Bruno was 12. Imagine what could have happened to another generation if I had bred on from Clarrie's daughter?
See CIMDA http://cimda.co.uk/smf/index.php for more info on the awful illnesses that we are facing - it is an amazing resource of info and support.

Its only through being honest and sharing information and taking very hard personal decisions that we stand a chance of saving our beardies and their future.

All too late for my beautiful gentle boy who deserved more time with his adoring family

Thank you - and sorry to preach - I'm so grateful for your kindness
bx

tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovely pictures of your beautiful boy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He was a gorgeous boy. I can only imagine how you are feeling Crying or Very sad what a heartbreaking way to lose him Crying or Very sad

Don't apologise for 'preaching', you have just reminded me to update with more information for Doz on beacon health.

Thinking of you xx
Cornish Cleo
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for being brave enough to come on and tell us all what happened, Belinda, after losing your lovely boy in such traumatic circumstances.

Most of us have experienced the gaping hole in our hearts and our homes that losing a beloved Beardie leaves, and so please know you are among friends who understand, and so is Bruno, running now with all our beloved hairies at the Bridge.

I am such a firm advocate of Beacon, we are so lucky to have such a resource and I just wish every beardie owner and breeder would register their dogs, both past and present, for the good and healthy future of the breed. Thank you for the reminder.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bruno was a beautiful boy and it must have been so hard for you to write this post but I'm so glad you found the strength to preach Belinda, it is so important that we don't hide from this and pretend it just isn't there. I have all my beardies past and present on Beacon but am amazed at just how few british breeders have entered their dogs inormation and also those that do don't seem to put the health info on there.

I hope you manage to come to terms with Brunos' loss, like you I've found it much harder when it's not how we would have wanted for them.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still feel your loss and sadness. Losing a Beardie in such circumstances hits deep.

I've put all our Beardies (including our departed ones) on the Beacon site, and update every year with any changes, especially with regard to Dougall.

munchkin
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still think of Bruno and the picture of him with Bertie as a new born, a stunning picture of love. My heart goes out to you Belinda big hugs. I like others have put my 2 on BeaCon and think people forget they need to put healthy dogs on as well.

Love from us all here

xxx

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic