The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 can anyone help View next topic
View previous topic
freddyteddy
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We lost our beloved Freddie 2 weeks ago and we are missing him so much . We have decided to try and find a brown beardie baby , not to try and replace him as all beardies are so different and he cannot be replaced but to fill a part of our hearts that he took with him .
Does anyone know know of any brown beardie baby boys that are looking for a loving home that could be a friend to Archie (our slate boy)
Please message me if you know of anyone who is expecting some brown babies or who already has some brown babies
Thanks
Nina07
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh! So sorry to read your message... Crying or Very sad I hope someone can give you the address of a good breeder who has some brown pups. Of course a new dog never "replaces" the one who has gone, I think we all know the feeling.

Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you contacted the clubs puppy lists?

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a few breeders advertising on this link - http://www.bcx-uk.co.uk/

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kennel Club Find a Puppy?

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/services/public/findapuppy/display.aspx?breed=5109&area=0

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw i'm so sorry to hear about Freddy Sad
tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear you have lost Freddie.

Kay Wilkes Tennear - beardie pups uk may have details of any pups that's are available. I think they have this week put up a couple that are ready now and a litter that is due at the end of July.

Last edited by tb on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
freddyteddy
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the help,....I will be following up some of these leads
thanks
The Hairies
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kay is saying on facebook that there are pups available from today. Best of luck xxx

tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From FB beardie pups uk

***NEW TO THE LIST ***
LINCS - Due July 27th - ROXILYN BEARDED COLLIES are expecting a litter x To register your interest please EMAIL - Karen Edwards with details of family, lifestyle and experience x Email - [email protected]

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Missy x Lime pups 5 boys and 3 girls here in the UK

These belong to Thelma Taylor also on beardie pups uk

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about Freddy xxx
freddyteddy
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am still looking for a brown bearded collie boy puppy...it is very difficult as there doesn't seem to be any around .... If anyone knows of any or any due litters please message me
tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kay posted this on beardie pups uk
***PUPS AVAILABLE ****27 JULY****
FULL DETAILS IN PUPS AVAILABLE FILE
(If you have any problems opening the file please contact ADMIN - (Kay Wilkes-Tennear or Sarnie Jackson) for the details)
**UK**
SCOTLAND - 1 Slate bitch born 20/6
MIDLANDS - 1 Fawn boy (Romeo) 7 wks old (Pics on home page) ready end of July
LINCS - 1 Slate bitch 5 Slate Boys - ready now (pics on Home page)
NORTHUMBERLAND - 1 Wk old - 1 girl 2 boys (Orora beardies)
LINCS - 1 Wk old - various available - (Roxilyn beardies)
LIVERPOOL - JUST ARRIVED 3 Girls 2 Boys ALL BROWN
***FULL CONTACT DETAILS IN PUPS AVAILABLE

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am trying to find a pup with minimum interbreeding as we had so many problems with Freddie and autoimmune....I know there is no guarantee but I want to get the best start that i can ......I am trying to find COI below the beardie average which is proving difficult
beardielady
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can totally understand and sympathize with you on that. But, unfortunately, I think it is probably going to be impossible nowadays unless you go for a non KC registered one or working stock etc.

Even with a low COI Beardie litter there could still be (and probably will be) affecteds as well as carriers and clears amongst the puppies.....it is the worst kind of lottery.

Sorry I can not be of more help.
moppetswood
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

beardielady wrote:
I can totally understand and sympathize with you on that. But, unfortunately, I think it is probably going to be impossible nowadays unless you go for a non KC registered one or working stock etc.

Even with a low COI Beardie litter there could still be (and probably will be) affecteds as well as carriers and clears amongst the puppies.....it is the worst kind of lottery.

Sorry I can not be of more help.

beardielady, sadly there is no guarantee or proof that non KC registered and working stock are anymore healthy than KC bred Beardies.

I would also like to know what conditions you are referring to when you mention affected, clears and carriers?
To the best of my knowledge at this moment in time this would only apply to CEA. There is sadly at the moment no testing available for the various AI diseases and also so far no clear mode of inheritance

Moppetswood Bearded Collies
Sofa Huggers and Cuddle Bunnies

beardielady
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True, but there may be more of a chance finding one that is not so interbred as the KC registered ones.

Freddie had autoimmune diseases so I am referring to autoimmune disease when I mention affecteds, carriers and clears.

Obviously the chances of having more affecteds increases in a litter that has been very interbred but I was just trying to point out that a low COI litter did not necessarily mean there was no chance of affecteds.
moppetswood
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, but as I said there is no such thing as affected, carrier and clears for auto immune conditions. If only it was so simple.

I suppose you could class dogs actually suffering from an auto immune condition as affected, but I sincerely hope that no one would breed from a sick dog. Of course a dog that has been bred from could subsequently develop an AI condition.

Dogs that appear to be healthy could also potentially have an AI condition that just hasn't been triggered.

At the end of the day just try and choose a puppy, who's background is known and whose parents have had as many health tests with good results as possible. Ask around and ask the breeder about any problems in their line. If they say they don't have any, they either don't know, don't care or are not being truthful.

beardielady
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suggest you speak to Jo Tucker about affecteds, carriers and clears with regard to autoimmune disease. She will be able to explain it much better than me. She is the expert with regard to autoimmune and has helped lots of dog owners over the years with "affected" dogs.

Autoimmune is a big worry and the "healthy, health tested" puppy does not guarantee that months, years down the line it will not become ill with an autoimmune disease.
freddyteddy
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have spoken to Jo so many times over the last few years she has become a good friend. She has been so supportive and helpful with advice on auto immune. I just want any pup that I get to have the best start in life. I am also looking into raw feeding and minimal vaccinations as I also feel these things can influence a dogs health ....There is so much to read up on to make the right decisions
moppetswood
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

beardielady wrote:
I suggest you speak to Jo Tucker about affecteds, carriers and clears with regard to autoimmune disease. She will be able to explain it much better than me. She is the expert with regard to autoimmune and has helped lots of dog owners over the years with "affected" dogs.

Autoimmune is a big worry and the "healthy, health tested" puppy does not guarantee that months, years down the line it will not become ill with an autoimmune disease.

I know Jo Tucker and her work very well.

Don't you think if there were affected, clears and carriers that we would all be testing for it? . It is now known that the mode of inheritance is not at all clear or simple sadly.

Sadly with any living species, there can be no guarantee on health, we can only do our best.

beardielady
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately at the moment there are no DNA tests for autoimmune diseases in dogs. But breeders can still help by sharing information and being open about dogs that have/have had an autoimmune disease and using this information when looking for sires etc. Of course the small gene pool makes this more difficult now.

Jo Tucker has spoken at several seminars and to various professors and geneticists on the subject of autoimmune diseases in dogs. For over 17 years she has tried to raise awareness of these dreadful diseases and as such has learnt a lot. Some breeders have also become more aware and have endeavoured to try and reduce the incidence of autoimmune. But, a lot of breeders have pretended the conditions do not exist and that there is no way they can be inherited. Some owners with ill dogs have been shunned and even blamed for their dog’s autoimmune condition. Meanwhile a lot of breeders say it is not inherited and have continued inbreeding to such a degree the Beardie gene pool is in a very sorry state.

There is enough evidence that the autoimmune diseases are inherited. Do we really want to wait even more years for exact “proof” before some breeders believe it?

Freddyteddy, it is good for owners to make sure they are doing their best for their dogs with regard to feeding, vaccinations, stress, unnecessary medications etc. but that is not only to try and reduce the triggers of autoimmune but also so the dog is healthy and against other things like cancer.
moppetswood
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

beardielady wrote:

There is enough evidence that the autoimmune diseases are inherited. Do we really want to wait even more years for exact “proof” before some breeders believe it?

I think the message is slowly getting through, auto immune diseases are inherited and hopefully one day we will be able to test and maybe one day remove them from the breed.
Research is ongoing and Beardie owners have been good about donating money and doing tests to further this research but sadly it does take time.

Would be lovely to know who I'm talking to?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic