The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 The Pimms Queen's clean sweep. View next topic
View previous topic
The Poem Man
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy THE PIMMS QUEEN CLEANS UP AT DOG SHOW. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is a true story (with slight exaggeration) that happened at a Dog show a couple of years ago at The Royal Cornwall show ground.
During a break most folk take their Dogs for a little walk (pee/poo break). Very Happy

Three Beardie boys were out for a walk at the Royal Cornwall Showground.
Meandering through beautiful fields of Green, what do you think they found?

An overspill of Brown liquid Silage....YUK...You can guess the next thing that they did.
They jumped into it and rolled around in it, their owner flipped her lid.

She yelled at Alfie, Dills and Flynn but it was all to no avail.
The Pimms Queen's Dogs wallowed in the Brown Silage and were soon covered from head to tail.

The Pimms Queen uttered some well known expletives and some I think she invented.
She nearly passed out due to the vile odour coming from her boys, which wasn't exactly Yasmin Scented.

She took them to the toilets which just by luck had showers.
She rinsed them down but the Silage stench from Hell remains for hours and hours.

They looked so innocent as she put them in her Van, looks that said "surely she couldn't hate us."
The Pimms Queen drove off with watery eyes, wearing borrowed breathing apparatus.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy written by me and published by kind permission of my good Friend Angie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

May the Beardie Bounce be with you always and may all your good dreams come true.
Derwendolly
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That brought a big smile to my face as well as memories flooding back to me having had a similar experience.

It happened in the mid 1980's when we were staying in our caravan on a tiny site in the village of Clun, Shropshire. We had our first Beardie, Bunty, with us. She very young but we entered her into the village carnival dog show, just for fun and to join in with the carnival atmosphere - a new experience for us, and her, and we knew nothing of how a dog show worked.

It was a very hot, August day as we stood in our class in the grounds of the castle. Much to our huge surprise she won!! As she came out of the ring with her tongue almost tripping her up, my husband said that to cool her down he would let her go into the surrounding moat water. There, she lay down in the water and enjoyed the lovely cooling off. I had stayed up on the bank watching the rest of the dog competition. What I didn't know was what happened at the end of the classes... until it came over the loudspeaker, '' Will all class winners please assemble in the ring for our finale - Best In Show class''? I shouted to my husband that Bunty was needed in the ring. You can imagine my horror when a very bedraggled, wet, but very happy Beardie baby appeared up the bank!! The entire assembled dog show watchers erupted into howls of laughter and a huge cheer went up! Needless to say, she did not enter into the Best In Show Class - she didn't need to really as she had already given the crowd great enjoyment!!

Sadly, I haven't got Joe's talent for writing the story in poetry. Sad Sad

Last edited by Derwendolly on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brilliant as usual Joe Very Happy All I can say is it's a bloomin' good job those toilets had showers!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Peeeeeeee-yewwwwww!

Remembering Our Lovely Kentish, Betsy, lucyyorkie and Danny Kaye xx
Threebeards
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OOOOOH YES! I can easily relate to those days...The memories! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love that story! Thank you for making me smile this morning, just what I need.

The Pimms Queen
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have photographic evidence of this but I'm not sure how to put them on now, what is everybody using?

Beardies are......collectable!
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Pimms Queen wrote:
I have photographic evidence of this but I'm not sure how to put them on now, what is everybody using?

Try postimage:

https://postimages.org/

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic