The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Baxter....cushion cuddles View next topic
View previous topic
Scruffymuffins
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly I apologise for the lengthy post. Embarassed Bax was the reason I joined FBC all those years ago.

How do I even begin to pay tribute to my big, daft, beautiful boy, my rock and my reason for getting up every morning 😥My heart is breaking typing this 😥It hurts so much,you were my world and I donít know how Iím going to find the strength to put one foot in front of the other without you by my side 😥why did you have to leave us when I still need you and just want to throw my arms around you and bury my face in your fur 😥

Bax was 10 years, 8 months and 7 days young. I still remember the first time I met him 🙂. I was at Kayís and the puppies were all running around and she told me to pick one. I was a bit overwhelmed and didnít know how to choose when I saw Bax bounce across the floor. I asked Kay if I could have a look at him, so she put him in my arms and the minute I looked at his little face, I just knew he was the one and would grow up to be the most handsome boy ...

You werenít just handsome you were drop dead gorgeous with a cherry on top, everyone used to comment on your film star looks, but you were also beautiful on the inside too 🙂

If Iím honest, we had a few teething troubles at the beginning as I donít think I had given myself enough time to grieve for George before you arrived and you had me in tears a few times. Soon after your arrival we had another patter of tiny paws with Archie. You used to frighten me playing with him and would drag him around by his head! But you loved him in your own way. Rolling Eyes

Iíll never forget the fright you gave me when you escaped and I found you in the cafe about a mile away, having a bacon sandwich Laughing

You soon became my loyal companion followed by Doris 2 years later. It was love at first sight and you got on like a house on fire even though you are like chalk and cheese, you were a double act that worked, and you were so good with her when she was so ill. At mealtimes I would watch over you to stop Doris pinching your food. Although Doz was definitely in charge and you were henpecked Laughing She will be lost without you and I know she secretly looked up to you and gained her confidence from having you around 😥

You were the happiest boy from the moment you woke up and would bark your head off first thing in the morning and roll around on the floor, and I would tell you off for making so much noise. Oh how you loved an excuse to bark....whether it was me sneezing, the sound of a car door, the postman or just to join in with Dylan next door. You were never grumpy and gave so much without asking for anything in return ❤️. The only demand you ever made was to stand in the bathroom and bark at me to turn the tap on for you to have a drink. You also loved my treadmill which you mastered as a pup and would stand on there and look up at the start button willing me to press it.

Although you were a complete clown you were also a very sensitive soul. When we were at kamp Krazy a few years ago, I remember you wouldnít leave Kayís KC alone. I canít remember if she was pregnant at the time and you followed her everywhere just watching her as she slept.

The first time you met Princess Poppy, I think you knew she had been ill and was afraid to go near her 😥. You met many times after that and was fine with her. 🙂

You loved Jillís Bailey and was in pieces when Bailey told you off once.... you went and sat in the corner with your back to us, like a naughty school boy.

Youíre thieving skills were legendary as many reading this will know....from Gillyís hat to Nikkiís chocolate cake....your timing was impeccable, usually when I was sat on the toilet Embarassed and nothing was off limits. Whereís the fun now I donít have to move things out of your reach Sad

You loved everyone, sometimes a little too much Embarassed and would happily catch someone unaware and hump their leg. Who can forget the time our lovely Sue had the pleasure of your affection. You made us all roar with laughter and Iím sure Sue wonít mind me sharing this pic again, I can almost hear her chuckling..

I donít know how you managed it but you could get wet in a desert. On walks I would unclip your lead and could guarantee that within 30 seconds you would always find something to roll in or get covered in seeds or pollen.

You loved to run through the waves barking at Doz to join you or would wallow in water or wade through mud.

You loved a game of chasing Doris

It didnít matter what the weather, it could be rain, sleet or snow, you just wanted to be outside.

You were a nosey little devil and whatever the mode of transport, you wanted to see what was going on. My avatar will always be you on the bus with your fur blowing. In the car/van you refused to lie down but sat for the whole journey looking out of the window. I think you were afraid of missing an opportunity to bark at a jogger or passing motorbike.

When it was grooming time I would pull out a chair and pat it and you would climb on the chair, then onto the grooming table to save me lifting you and never grumbled about being groomed. Climbing on things was never a problem for you and I often found you sleeping on my dining table, much to the amusement of others

You knew the strictly theme tune and would sit in front of the tv your head tilting from side to side

You greeted me every day after work somehow still managing to bark with a cushion in your mouth and a cheeky glint in your eye.

At night I would tell you itís bedtime and you would trot upstairs, sometimes pausing first for a cuddle on the bottom step, to sleep by the side of the bed and sometimes you would wake me up with your snoring. If I was in bed before you , I would hear you tiptoe in the room and grunt as you got comfy and I would tell you off for scratching at the carpet.

The last few years I found myself depending on you so much. You became my rock and my protector and was sensitive to certain personal things going on in my life before I was and I will never forget your devotion ❤️ You kept me going when all I wanted to do was give up 😥
You had a lovely presence and were a joy to live with. You loved life and have left a big gaping hole in my heart 😥 up until the last week, you were as bouncy and noisy as ever. You were such a houseful, the house is now quiet and empty without you 😥everywhere I look there are reminders of you, even the slippers Iím wearing have been 'Baxified'. Anything with a pile had to be plucked including my fluffy cushions.

No matter how many words I type, I can never pay tribute to the sweet beautiful boy you were and the strength of my love for you ❤️
I canít believe youíre gone 😥 Our time together was cut short when we had so many more memories to make. 😥

We havenít celebrated Christmas for a number of years but hearing that you got through the first op ok and the biopsy was benign, I felt ready to celebrate Christmas again and had ordered a new tree and wanted the 3 of us to spend it together and be happy. The tree arrived today and my heart sank as itís now just a reminder that you wonít be here 😥

I was so very proud to have you by my side ❤️ and am struggling with a life without you in it 😥I miss our cuddles already 😥if you wanted a cuddle you would sit by my knee with your back to me and would look over your shoulder waiting for me to fuss you.

Thank you for being you and sharing your unconditional love and life with us.

I have this pic on my PC at work, it is one of my favourites of you..

Sleep tight my precious baby boy, say hello to George and Archie ❤️ Doris and I will cuddle each other and always have you in our hearts. ❤️We love you to the moon and back and you will be missed more than words can say. xxxxx

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this and for letting me share so many of my memories with you all. Xx

Last edited by Scruffymuffins on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tb
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thatís a beautiful tribute to your very special boy. Rest in peace Baxter.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Sandie, that is such a lovely tribute to your wonderful Baxter and some amazing photos of him.

Please have a Christmas tree with a Beardie Baxter on top instead of the traditional fairy. He will be with you and would be very sad to see you so unhappy. He is pain free and although not with you in life he is by your side and forever in your heart.

Sending much love and hugs.

They just put nightlights on to show us they care.
Sandownbeardie
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gorgeous Sandie, just gorgeous....I wish I had known Bax, he sounds just my type of guy. Hold on to the memories and be glad he was yours. X

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fantastic tribute to your boy I think you covered everything and what a champion he was. He will always be in your heart. x Willow &

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a glorious tribute to a wonderful beardie boy, he will be forever in your heart. Rest in peace now Baxter.

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandy....I am crying for you .....I know what you are going thru ....the shock then the grief .it doesnt get easier quickly but I try and think of all the good times we shared and all the happy memories and things are getting slightly better slowly ......just try and think about all the happy times and not what has happened in the last couple of weeks ....
Beardie Mom
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandie that's a wonderful , and fitting , tribute to a wonderful boy . So many of those pictures made me smile and the memories too because we were lucky enough to be part of many of them ...

Firstly I remember about 10 years ago Tony coming home from Bailey's class up at Rockwood all excited to tell me he had met the cutest beardie puppy and that I must go the following week to meet him and his Mum.. how the following week we met each other and talked for ages whilst getting out two boys introduced and then on their path to being Best Friends and us too .....

How we not long after were starting to go on our van adventures with the first trip down to Cornwall and stopping at the services and you came into our motorhome , Bobby and Monty were here then , and Bax cocked his leg in there ..I didn't give a hoot but you were mortified .

After that we spent ages planning our next adventure in the vans and made so many great memories ...and all the laughing at the antics of our hairy kids ....then there was the hunt for a brown girl for us and finding George and Sue had two ...Of course they both came to Wales and then Angel and our Beardie gang were ready to turn heads wherever they went .

Cirencester, and that pavillion in Lord Bathhursts estate, was to be the setting for my Favourite picture of all of them ...we have taken pictures at that same place since but never the same as this line up Smile

It was always wonderful to have your two here for the day , the playdates were so much fun as they all got on so wonderfully together ...looking through Photobucket the other day I had forgotten this one taken in my back garden ...it reminded me how very alike Bax and Angel were , the head tilt and the way they barked and didn't like anyone sneezing...

Then there was another incident of Baxy's infamous cleptomanic tendancies and the Kamp Kirstancourt Birthday get together and Baxy stealing , and eating a whole fruit cake ...and how he would wallow like a hippo in any water that he found ...and how Angel has the exact same love of rolling and her ability to get wet Smile

I smiled when you mentioned the time Boo old him off and he was so upset , it was Bingham Grange in Dorset wasn't it , , Bax , bless him , never held a grudge and it never happened again ..they were Best Friends and I still have all of his pictures, and Dozzie's, all around the house , I never took them down but this one is still a favourite and in the frame you presented it to me in ....

he is still all over my Fridge ....either pictures you took of him and gave me copies of or with his BFF

and he and Doz have their own wall with the amazing ones of Baxy in the snow that you took ..looking like The Monarch of the Glen and of course the iconic shot on the top on the double decker bus ..Bad to The Bone wasn't it on that bandana ..couldn't have been further from the truth on that lovely boy .

You and Doz have been in my thoughts since I first found out he was ill ..I drew so many parallels after that news what with our Boo and his cancer and how scared and terrified I was after his diagnosis and how hard it to try and think ahead. I'm desperately sorry that his surgery didn't give you some extra time with him and I know how much he looked after you in recent years. I hope you know how much we loved him, he felt every bit like one of my own ....this loss of him now is the second one to me , and has hit me just as hard as the first one .

Take care Sandie, you and Dozzie face a tough time now but you will get through it together xxxxxx

Scruffymuffins
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Jill. Iím in floods of tears here Crying or Very sad I know you will be grieving for him too Crying or Very sad I found the pic today of Bax and Boo under the table Crying or Very sad and you reminded me about the bandana, I had forgotten about that and also the pic of Bax with his nose in the snow. I still have the line up pic and the one of Angel and Bax with their heads tilted, they are proudly on display Smile thank you for sharing those pics and memories, it means a lot xx

The strictly theme has just started and I canít help but miss my boy Crying or Very sad
Mac & Tali
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We live miles apart, only meeting up occasionally over the years, mostly in Kamp Kornwall, and yet Baxter became a firm favourite with us. He was not just a pretty face, he was charming and cheeky and a class act too.
Your tribute to him is so, so lovely Sandie ... and brave, writing that must have been the hardest thing to do.
We're sending our love, please use it to help you stay strong. Xxxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandie, this is such an amazing tribute to Baxter. I have laughed and now I am crying, I just can't believe what you are going through at the moment.

Thank you Sandie, and Jill for sharing these wonderful photos and stories about Baxter.

Run free special boy, and try to keep your chin up Sandie, but I know only too well how hard that is. xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in flood, tears streaming down 😥 What a lovely tribute Sandie to your wonderful boy and so brave of you to write this now while everything is still so very raw.

He truly was stunning, and I can appreciate just how much you will miss him. I feel lucky to have had the pleasure of meeting him on our caravan trips - a truly lovely boy.

Take care of yourself and Doris - the road ahead a bit harder now without your rock by your side.

Love and hugs to you and Doris xxx

PS my mobile number still the same if you should ever need it.

Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In tears here too Sandie reading your beautiful tribute to Baxter. Smiling at his antics and traits, so many of which I see myself in my Archie (bless those Kirstancourts).
Nothing can ease your pain at this horrible time, just hold on to the fact that you were so lucky to have him share your life.
Big hug from here
Sue x
Barbs
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Such a lovely and touching tribute to your beautiful boy Sandie and so lovely to see pictures that bring back memories of the early fun times of the FBC. You and Jill were such an important part of that and your shared memories are so lovely to see today. Tears were however unavoidable!
We were privileged to meet your wonderful dogs and you, and we grieve with you for the loss of Baxter who was such a special and loving boy. He loved you so much and you know he would never want you to be unhappy on his account. Be strong for Doris and remember Baxter will always be close and forever your rock!
Barbs xxxx
Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's such a lovely tribute Sandie. You 2 were so lucky to have each other.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well Sandie you started me off crying with the most perfect tribute to the most wonderful, funny, gorgeous clown that Bax was. It was lovely seeing all the pictures and I am sure it was hard looking at them for you. I finally stopped crying then read Jill's post and started again, it just goes to show how many hearts Bax touched human and dog. Big hugs sweetheart we love you xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy, Sandie. Bax walked gently through so many people's lives, leaving an imprint of his footsteps in their hearts forever.

Your and Jill's posts have made me cry and made me laugh - so many happy memories. How well I remember him "loving" our Sue a little over-enthusiasticly in my garden, and how much she, and we, laughed. Special times, special friends, special memories.

Baxter will never be gone, he will be walking by your side forever, there whenever you need him, not in the flesh, but certainly in spirit. Hold fast, Sandie - you will get through these darkest of days and rejoice that he shared his all too short life with you. Love and hugs to you and Doz. Xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Beautiful Tribute Sandie. He was such a gentle soul and such a proud Handsome boy and I feel so Lucky to have known him, to have fusses with him and share our holidays with him.
You know where I am when you need a chat or a cry xx
Sending you and Doris a Huge Hug x

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear about Baxter. What a lovely tribute you have written for him.
Truly a wonderful character. I read somewhere recently that the pain we suffer on their passing is the price we pay for all that love. He certainly had a wonderful life with you. Sending you very best wishes at this time of sadness. Crying or Very sad
SandY
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a wonderful tribute for Baxter. xxx
sharon a
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A beautiful tribute to Baxter. Hugs to you and Doris xx

Barley, Sharon
Sleep tight Georgie
Rip Van Pauline
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A beautiful tribute to a lovely boy......you and Doz must be so sad......but you will also smile when you think of his funny little ways

Take care and love to you both xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Baxter - your Mum has just written The.Most.Beautiful. tribute to you that I have ever read....she has had us all in tears, so when you are lolling in the sun, the other side of That Bridge, rest assured that not only did you have the bestest home and love that a Beardie could ever ever ask for, but that you had the most Lovingest Mum.

Wonderful photos, Sandie - what a Nose! and, what a lovely person he was. You and Dozzie will be bereft, but you have to remind yourself that if <<ever>> a Beardie had Love and Care, it was Baxter.

xx

Remembering Our Lovely Kentish, Betsy, lucyyorkie and Danny Kaye xx
Pat Phillips
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Such a lovely tribute to your wonderful boy Sandie. So sad but what lovely memories of your Baxter. I often smile when I remember Baxter chasing Ozzie on the beach at Perranporth, boys being boys. Please give Dozzie bear a hug from us she must be missing Baxter dreadfully. Please know that we are all here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on xxx
maxnick
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Sandie, what a gorgeous tribute. Like others I laughed, then I cried. There will be hard times, we all know how hard Crying or Very sad Hang in there & give Doz an extra big hug. xx

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic