The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Baxter....one year on View next topic
View previous topic
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thinking of you and Doris, Sandie, and sending hugs xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sandie and Doris one step at a time....
Take all the time you need remember, cry look at pictures whatever it takes to mourn the loss of your wonderful boy. It is OK. x Willow

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for the comments and sharing your own memories of my Baxie boy. Smile

He was such a cheeky character and I have so many lovely memories of him, even though he would test my patience on times, I could never stay mad at him for more than a minute.

I should have known he would be trouble when he first came to live with me and he dipped his face in a pot of lavender garden shades when I was painting the trellis and he ran off with the dirty washing. That was the start of his mischievous ways and it never stopped from then on. I always knew he up to something even if I couldnít see him. If I was cooking something with a strong smell he would rub himself all along my walls and in summer he would drive me mad jumping up at the patio doors trying to catch flies and wasps. But the barking was something else...he literally bounced off the floor when he barked...the house is so quiet now. Sad

Going back to work today has been difficult.
Before coming downstairs in the mornings, we would very often stop and sit at the top of the stairs for a cuddle while Doris looked up and barked at us. This morning I found the silence deafening. I used to sit on the sofa to eat my cereal and Bax would be rolling around and barking, I would tell him off and glance at the clock and more often than not it was 7.20 and I would be worried about the neighbours. The silence this morning was overwhelming, I didnít know the time, it was still dark, so I switched the light on and looked at the clock and it was 7.20. Sad

Coming home was awful, I used to be greeted by a chorus of barks and Doz would want to go outside so I would open the back door whilst shouting ĎBaxter put the cushion downí I wouldnít have to see him, I just knew, and sure enough Iíd turn around and there he would be with a cushion in his mouth.

Doz spent the day at nannies house. My boss said I can take her to work if I am stuck! Shocked So I may take her in a few times between now and Christmas and then when Iím off for the Christmas break, I will try and build up the time she is left on her own.

I called in the vets at lunchtime and spoke to the vet I always see for Doris. He had just spoken to the surgeon at Bath and was going to ring me. Although my vet hadnít done the second operation himself , he had been monitoring Bax afterwards and was surprised at how well he was and said he was like a bottle of pop and how lovely he was Smile and that all my dogs have been lovely... he remembers George and he always loves to see Doris and calls her Miss Fluffles. Smile

Although i donít want a postmortem on Bax, Iím tormented thinking could I have done anything different 😥 but he said that although he canít be certain, it sounds like Bax had an embolism 😥 there was nothing i coud have done, it would have been quick and painless.

Iíve just come across these custom pet shaped cushions. I think I will be ordering an XL one.... not the same as the real thing Sad but I can still sort of have a Baxie cuddle.

https://www.petninjashop.com/products/customized-pet-cushions?variant=564715585544

Sorry for rambling, I needed to offload my thoughts. X

FBC has been quiet for so long but it was heartwarming to see posts on this thread and the other one from members who havenít posted for a while. Smile
Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let yourself grieve; it helps. I'm sure you couldn't have done more for him although I know how it feels to keep going over and over it in your mind, questioning everything you did. Your boss sounds kind too, especially where Doris is concerned. Take care of yourself too, Sandie. xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ramble s much as you like Sandie x Its ok. When we lost our Bella i used to walk the heath and cry. x

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

xxxxx Sandie, it is good for us to hear all about Bax, and the things he got up to...of course there is a quiet place in your house in which he used to be, but....all the things you recount about him are so important. He was such a character, and even though he is not actually here now, he is, of course, fully embedded in your heart. That is the best way to remember, from the heart. They never leave us xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandie - from the first time i met you i knew you would love and care for my pup - 10 years later i know you did everything for the rascal x Everyone who knew Bax loved him - he was special - i so loved the pic of him on the open topped bus and said you must use it for things, it showed his charactor his fun side his love of life and indeed he had a wonderful life with you - then there was the handsome Bax - i still show people the canvas of him standing in the snow omg he looked dashing - sadly he was taken too soon but Sandie he has helped you to become the stronger person that you are today, he hasnt left you, he will be in your heart forever xxxx ps When you and Bax joined the FBC there were very few members very few posts and comments then you and Sue started to get it out to the world to join in, friends have been made worldwide, events take place so without Bax we wouldnt have the FBC that we have today so he leaves a legacy xxx

KIRSTANCOURT BEARDED COLLIES

Image [img]
THE PHOENIX HAS RISEN !!
Mac & Tali
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandie, you ramble away darling ... why change the habit of a lifetime Wink xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, posted twice.

Last edited by Joybells on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joybells
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw Sandy, that was the most beautiful tribute to Baxter, heart rending. You have painted the most wonderful picture of a handsome and utterly lovable rascal.

I remember my first meeting with him; I walked into your dining room to be greeted by him lying at ease on the table and seeming surprised at my surprise; a sort of "doesn't Millie take naps on the table" expression. What a character!!

Sleep well little man.

Joy and Millie
xxxxxxxxxxx
DoubleTrouble
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure yesterday would have been very difficult to get through. The early days will be tough but your work sounds very accommodating if Dozzie can go in occasionally, and she will adjust to a new routine.

You know where I am if you need a chat at any time.

Take care and give Dozzie an extra hug from us.

Helen xxxxxx

Clovertor
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, Sandie, this is all just sooo sad! What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful boy! xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a beautiful tribute, have only just managed to read it all. Crying or Very sad Sending lots of love to you & Doris Sandie, you will help each other through. Xx

Beardies are......collectable!
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(( hugs ))

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

judy g wrote:
(( hugs ))

Thank you.xx

I had a really bad day yesterday Crying or Very sad

The office had a new temp today Wink Doz came to work with me Shocked then I had a lovely bunch of flowers from the firm of accountants that we use Smile Iíve had some lovely cards, flowers and messages from you all, Iím really touched. Thank you. Xx
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sort of had a feeling things continue rough for you, so just remember we are all aware that each day is hard....xx How nice, the flowers! Give Dozzie a hug from all of us " Aunties and Uncles "

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still sending hugs Sandie, remember all too well that raw feeling. xxxx

DoubleTrouble
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How lovely that Dozzie went to work with you. I'm sure everyone loved her.

Xxx

JulieC
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sandie,

You need somewhere to express how you are feeling, and what better place than the FBC; we all know just what you are going through.

Going back to work must have been so difficult; I remember going back after Merlin died, I looked frightful (couldn't even bring myself to put any make up on), but the next day wasn't quite so bad.

Doris could be a real asset at work Wink my daughter (Kat) has a little rescue dog and she goes to work with her; the clients love seeing her and she loves the attention Very Happy I believe her boss even had a photo of her on a recent job advert for a new staff member. Office dogs are cool Cool and help to relieve workplace stress.

You are always in my thoughts, and I'm sending you loads of love and cyber hugs,

Julie (and the woofs too of course) xxx

Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandie that tribute is beautiful... you have done him proud. I am in tears so have nothing useful to say so I will send love and hugs to you instead. You are ... genuinely...in my thoughts. Much love xxx

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
Gilliebreeze
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying here and thinking of you SandiE and Doris.
Rest in peace Baxter ♥️ Xxx
Lovely memories, they will bring you comfort through the tears.
It's so so tough and sending masses of cuddles your way. X

Threebeards
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandie that is a most beautiful tribute to Baxter. It also sums up what I feel about losing my darling Bentley. I feel that I sort of dragged him down with being so ill. He was so concerned for me. I still miss him every day.

Take care Sandie, thinking of you.xxx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sandy and Doris of course....
Fantastic you can take her to work with you your boss is fantastic!
Sending our love to you both.

xWillow &

Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so sorry, I am such a blubber as I am crying as I type this with our Alf at my feet. Feel free to grieve as he was your baby and your home will not feel the same but please remember that you gave him a wonderful life and that love was not wasted as he loved you back. What more can you ask and yes he was taken too soon but unfortunately we cannot change what is life, even though unfair. You may later want to get another baby to show them what love is and give them the love that you gave your baby boy!
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still thinking of you, Sandie xx

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic