The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 My Beardie View next topic
View previous topic
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been just over a month now without my beardie Charlie and it is still very hard. Some memories I wanted to share

THANKYOU CHARLIE FOR:

Being so adorable everyone who passed the gate gave you a fuss, one lady even used to bring you sausages

Pretending you were a guard dog by barking loudly at anyone who entered the gate even though you were a big softie

Constantly dissapearing into the bushes coming out wearing half a hedge

Insisting on pooing under the trampoline so I had to crawl underneath to pick it up

Making me chase you round the garden after stealing socks and pegs from the laundry basket

Digging holes then coming in with a muddy nose and pawprints

THANKYOU CHARLIE FOR:

Chasing joggers, cyclists, ducks and any man with a fishing basket

Roliing in dead fish

Being cocky acting like a thug whilst on walks with your two best Weimeraner pals George and Calamity because you thought you were in a gang

Finding the largest stick (branch) to carry then whacking me on the back of the legs with it as you ran past

THANKYOU CHARLIE FOR:

Placing your big furry paw on me whilst I was trying to read because you wanted attention

Scratching at the door to make me let you out in the middle of the night just so you could sit and look at the stars while I froze on the doorstep

Sometimes sleeping lying on your back with all four legs in the air and a smile on your face

Putting up with our daft nicknames for you - Boo, Furry Face, My best boy and Hairy Maclairey

THANKYOU CHARLIE FOR:

Still bouncing around like a puppy in your happiest moments

Always being pleased to see me and looking at me with your gorgeous brown eyes

Being everyones friend

Nine and a half years of joy

THANKYOU CHARLIE FOR BEING YOU

Miss you so very very much Boo you will always be in my heart x
Kentish Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sue A very moving and loving tribute to your gorgeous Charlie. It made me cry and smile at the same time - I do hope you can rebuild your beardie family sometime in the future with another one and laugh again at the daft things they get up to.
big hug from me
Sue

Never Forgotten:
Harry, Shilstone Cornishman
Sadie, Breaksea Hot Spice

Rose Burrows
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sue

It was so lovely to read about Charlie, he sounded like such a special boy and obviously a wonderful friend and companion to you.

These are such difficult days and all part of grieving for a friend, but they will get easier and memories are very very precious.

Rose
Nige
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sue

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am a fairly new member and didn't realise. But what lovely memories of Charlie.
I have had many beardies in the past and they are all still very much in my heart. Even more so now that I have got Gibson.
I think we all have similar memories, because Beardies are a very special breed and I think are more in tune with us.
Whilst they all have individual characters, they always seem to have the same traits.
I lost my last Beardie (Pilot) over two years ago, and whilst the hurt has eased over time, his memory continues on.
My comfort is that he is with all my other beardies and free from pain and running round like a looney chasing and barking at butterflies in the Rainbow Garden.
My thoughts are with you during this hard time.

Nigel
Paul & Caitriona
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue,

You are a lucky lady to have been owned by such a character. I wish you happy memories. Best wishes in this hard time.

Caitriona and Paul

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what lovely words about Charlie, I am sorry you have to miss him.
my thoughts are with you.

Imke
Beardiehome
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thinking of you Sue, they really leave an enormous hole in your life when they are such characters.

Best wishes
Jan
Jane
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue I don't think there's anyone on here that doesn't know how you're feeling at this awful time, for some the grief is still very raw. Our beardies are all so special. Thinking of everyone who's lost a friend.
Jane & Phoebe
Devon-Maid
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sue... reading your lovely tribute to Charlie brought back memories of our late, lamented, Maddie and Eddie. you managed to paint such wonderfull images with just a few words. take care.

GILLY ,MARK, MACKENZIE AND TALI
Vix
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue
I have tried to reply to your posting three times now and each time I have had tears in my eyes at how much you are missing him.Its only time that can help we all know that, but it doesnt help your sadness at this moment.Have you any other dogs?

-------------------------------------------
Vicky
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Vicky
Sadly no, Charlie was our only dog so as you can imagine the house just seems so empty now. I work but only part time so am often in the house alone which is probably not helping. I'm trying to tell myself that the pain of losing him is worth all the happy years with him.
Thanks so much for your thoughts
Sue
Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's right Sue, great love often carries a great price but we wouldn't want to be without it. I feel very choked just now for you and your lovely Charlie. May the memories that make you laugh out number the others. Thank you for your lovely words.

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
Rose Burrows
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue wrote:

Sadly no, Charlie was our only dog so as you can imagine the house just seems so empty now. I work but only part time so am often in the house alone which is probably not helping. I'm trying to tell myself that the pain of losing him is worth all the happy years with him.
Thanks so much for your thoughts
Sue

Sue I always think of these words when I'm missing the special people and animals that have shared my life.

And now that fate has come to claim her own
What sorrow is there to compare
With the love and laughter
That we two shared.

Rose
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Rose - those words are so true, and thankyou everyone else for your kind words ,I know you all understand how I'm feeling. Our beardies are so very precious. The sun is shining here today so I'm going to cut the grass and remember how Charlie would follow me around the garden sticking his nose into everything and I'm going to smile at the happy memories and how lucky we were to have him.
Sue
loifei
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Sue,

I do really know how you feel. The emptyness in the house and the hart is almost the hardest part of it. My first Beardie Dusty crossed the rainbow bridge 4 years ago, I am still thinking of him almost every day and I really miss him. But I know that he is on a better place now and I carry him in my heart. He has not gone - he is still with me Smile

What you have written about your four-legged friend is very nice.

Hugs
Helga (a new member) with her beardie-boys Linus and Buddy
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Helga
Thankyou for your kind words and welcome to the site. I too am a fairly new member joining only two weeks before I lost Charlie, but I am so glad I found it as the support and kindness I have been given from everyone on here has helped me so much at this awful time. It's strange when I joined I never would have thought I had so little time left with Charlie I thought we would have years together yet. I check the site everyday as I love beardies - enjoy every minute with your two.
Sue
loifei
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Sue,

I understand very well how you feel. I also thought I have so much time with Dusty left before we found out that he is very sick. But I do not want to bother you with this story now. It is to early for you to hear such storys. You will now need time for yourself.

Yes, it helps to talk to people who know how much you loved your beardie. Sure, I can't give your beloved dog back to you but I can share feelings with you and I wish I could give you a hug.

May I ask you how old Charlie was?

Helga
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Helga
Charlie was only nine and had never been ill before which made it more of a shock. When it happened I wrote about it on the forum chit chat under the title 'I can't believe what has happened' as obviously was devestated and wondered if anyone had had a similar thing happen to their dog so if you find that post it will explain what happened. I'm sorry to hear you also lost Dusty far too soon, you will know how I am feeling. How old are Linus and Buddy?
Sue
loifei
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue wrote:
Hi Helga
Charlie was only nine and had never been ill before which made it more of a shock. When it happened I wrote about it on the forum chit chat under the title 'I can't believe what has happened' as obviously was devestated and wondered if anyone had had a similar thing happen to their dog so if you find that post it will explain what happened. I'm sorry to hear you also lost Dusty far too soon, you will know how I am feeling. How old are Linus and Buddy?
Sue

Hi Sue,

9 years? Oh no! That's quite early. Too early.

It was the same with Dusty. He was never ill before and such a "wild" dog. He loved sports and everything you can do with a Beardie. Smile He was a great frisbee player. I will post him here soon. I lost him when he was 11,5.

Linus is 13,5 now and I thank God for each day we are allowed to spend together. Buddy is my "Baby". He is 4 years old. I bought him after Dusty died. It was not easy to pick a new puppy at that time -you can imagine that I was not ready for this. But I did it for Linus, because I did not want him to stay alone. When I think about it after some years I am convinced it was the right step to walk forward. Not meaning that I ever forgot Dusty - I never will. But the new puppy kept me busy, you understand?

Of course, I love Linus and Buddy very much. But Dusty - my first Beardie - was a very special friend to me. Smile

Helga
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Helga
I know I can never replace Charlie - I wouldn't want to even try, maybe in the future if we had another dog it would be a beardie. After sharing your life with one no other breed can compare - they do take your heart.
Sue
loifei
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue wrote:
Hi Helga
I know I can never replace Charlie - I wouldn't want to even try, maybe in the future if we had another dog it would be a beardie. After sharing your life with one no other breed can compare - they do take your heart.
Sue

You are definitaly right. I have Beardies now since 1992 and will never take another breed. They are my dogs.
I always say: "There are dogs on earth ... and there are BEARDIES" Smile

Helga
loifei
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here in Germany we say ... it's the Beardie-Virus Smile
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Helga
Beardie virus - well I am definitely infected!! Thanks for your posts they have made me smile
Sue
loifei
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sue wrote:
Hi Helga
Beardie virus - well I am definitely infected!! Thanks for your posts they have made me smile
Sue

Sue,

It makes me happy that I made you smile. Smile

Helga
Sue
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
I wanted to bump this today in memory of my beloved beardie Charlie who we lost this time last year.
Charlie brought so much sunshine into my life, even when you had had a really rubbish day one look at Charlie and life was good again.
Sleep tight Boo I will always always miss you x
Sue

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic