The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Dexter 🤣 View next topic
View previous topic
Nicky
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I havenít been on here for ages but had to put this on, when out walking a while ago we walked pass A woman and Dexter sniffed her and she flicked her hand at his head, I thought fair enough but last week we saw this woman again and as we walked pass she kneed Dexter in the chest hard enough for him to jump back and Yelp, I was furious and unfortunately let it wind me up, anyway emailed Kay and she suggested calling the police, which I did and they called me tonight to advise they are prepared to go and speak to her apparently when I spoke to them they had enough information to investigate animal cruelty and goading, well chuffed, itís now up to me unfortunately the lady I was speaking to had to go off for an emergency but sheís calling me tomorrow for my decision, Iím thinking yes please visit, what do you reakon?

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Nicky. I agree wholeheartedly with you, there are some horrible people around. I too would have been wound up, that someone could hurt my dog for no reason. A visit can't do any harm. One of my dog walking friends had his labrador attacked by a springer spaniel, no provocation, and managed to catch the incident on his mobile cameraphone. He reported it to the police, they visited the person and dog concerned and the dog is not allowed anywhere near his labrador and (I think, if I remember this correctly) has to be muzzled. Poor Dexter, the woman in your case is obviously not a dog lover. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Mary

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like totally inappropriate behaviour. She needs warning at the very least! Evil or Very Mad

Dorsetangels
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

sorry about your experience poor boy you must do what you have to do not just for Dexter but anyone else and their dogs. x Barbara and girls

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it was human to human it would be assault so why not human to dog. Hope Dexter is ok. Hope the police sort it for you.

They just put nightlights on to show us they care.
Jacquietwig
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a very unpleasant person, she needs a warning that sort of behaviour is unacceptable. Evil or Very Mad Surprised but pleased the police are taking it seriously.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Evil or Very Mad can I suggest kneeing her in the chest too ... stupid woman wants sorting out. I think I would have punched her on the nose before I had time to think. Hope she is reprimanded severely for it. Good for you for reporting it. Keep us up to date and good luck. XX

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
JulieC
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nicky, this is awful. I hope Dexter is ok (and you too, of course). I would be furious if anyone did that to my two without provocation.

I understand there are people who aren't "doggy" types and that is to be respected, but it doesn't give them the right to hurt someone else's dog.

I wonder if the attack on Dexter was an isolated incident , I bet it wasn't.

Hope the police are able to track this person down.

Nicky
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

She does have dogs herself and luckily I now know her name and address and I think if the police are prepared to visit then I think I will say yes, purely because it isnít the first time sheís acted strangely around Dexter and I donít know what she may do next time, it could be worse so hopefully a visit will nip it in the bud and wonít have any further issues

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any updates yet Nicky?

Gerrie Two Tins - chicken wrangler. Mistress of the Flock. Keeper of the Kitchen Garden and Mistress of the Kennel.
Nicky
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The police are going round to speak to her this week, they are discussing animal cruelty and goading and will advise she will be investigated for this if she does it again. I might end up with her having a go at me but I saw her Monday afternoon and as sad as it is I got my phone straight out and put on record. I think Iíve done the right thing and hopefully this is the last of it, really pleased they took it seriously though, definitely well done Dorset police 😀

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I'll second that, well done Dorset police.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are some odd people about.

Millie and I were walking towards a man with two small, black dogs;neither of us taking any notice of him or dogs; part of Millie's training. one of the dogs ran towards us, again I was taking no notice of it until it suddenly turned back to me and jumped up and bit my leg.

The mans's excuse - "oh, he gets a bit excited" !! I looked to check holes in jeans and leg and when I looked back up he had gone !!

I think you have been very patient; I suspect that I would have lost my cool and smacked her one - and then where would we be Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Gerrie
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Next to me Joy coz I would be holding your coat for you Twisted Evil

Scruffymuffins
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How awful Nicky Crying or Very sad I don't know how you restrained yourself, think I would have kneed her in the chest Mad hugs to you and Dexter x

Nicky
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will say I had to call a friend when I saw her at the end of our walk so I didnít push her in the river, it was so tempting 😳

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic