The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Problems with my Beardy View next topic
View previous topic
Fluffstuff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello proud owner of a Bearded Colley,

I come to you because I have a HUGE problem with my Beardie.
After my previous much adored and much regretted bitch passed away at the age of 14, I naturally looked to acquire another Beardy, another bitch as it happened. I felt ready for another BC as I had come to love the characteristics of the breed. I knew my new dog would have a different temperament and I didnít mind. However I didnít anticipate the problem Iím currently experiencing.
Have I made a huge mistake?
My new Beardie is now 1 year and 4 months old. She doesnít seem happy with me and itís breaking my heart. After I enquired a bit, I came up with a possible explanation(?). Although my old Beardie was very energetic at the same age, she was also placid and enjoyed long naps next to me on the sofa or the bed.
She happened to come from a show lineage, though I just wanted a family dog and never showed her.
My new one (Yogi), though balanced and very affectionate, is of working stock and never seems satisfied with the level of exercice I give her. I take her out every day, go jogging with her for an hour 3 times a week and occasionally go on long hikes in the mountains when on holiday in the summer. She also has the use of quite a big garden. But itís not enough. When sheís outside, she waits for me to come out and play/run with her. when sheís inside, she paces the living-room restlessly after a while, and seems to miss the company of other dogs to play with. she has also started chasing her tail again like a puppy, so big is her frustration. True Iím 16 years older (55 now) but Iím still active and deplore the fact that I donít seem to be ę†enough†Ľ for her.
Iím at the end of my tether and would even consider swapping her for a more mature, calmer Beardie provided she found a loving home because I really want her to be happy and fulfilled.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic