The UK Bearded Collie Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Hello to all Guests...... View next topic
View previous topic
judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello - welcome to the FBC, home of interesting information about Beardies...photographs of Beardies....stories about Beardies.....and where all your questions ( about Beardies Very Happy ) we will try and answer. We are a happy bunch, always ready to welcome new members.

Please consider joining - you can then see the Off Topic threads and come into the Chatroom of an evening for a natter. We are a nice bunch - promise! Very Happy

Hope to see you soon.......... Smile

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said Judy, welcome everybody! It is fab!

judy g
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im still here Judy, keeping dropping in with little snippets and checking out what the world is doing.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent Tracey - good to see familiar faces on here! xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

judy g wrote:
Excellent Tracey - good to see familiar faces on here! xx

Ditto Very Happy Cool

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still here.
It would be lovely to see new members and more postings,

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It will happen...it WILL happen...it will HAPPEN Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Honeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I'm hooooooooooooooooooome Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep popping in as well.

Nothing much happens with us, unfortunately.

Heidiwuff
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here Helen. Jethro's journal happens very rarely now as we've been there and done that when he was younger. And I am totally useless at posting - correction, attempting to post - pics. Sad Sad

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Nothing has to happen, guys....just, that you are all there and looking in on the site from time to time... I no longer have even half a Beardie...but I come in here to see friends...and go into Chat in the evenings sometimes. Good to see you, Helen...xx

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I drop in from time to time to see what is happening in the lives of other beardies and to tell everyone about my dear boys' activities, although I did miss Zebo's third birthday last Monday. To be truthful he is still starstruck by that lovely picture of Doris a couple of weeks ago. He found it hard to accept that he is still too young to compete with all the other Beardies in the love stakes. Very Happy

Routine is the name of the game in our house. Every morning the wee Daveydog comes to wake me up between 6.30 and 7.30, not because he needs a comfort break but because he wants to go and sleep outside! Hail rain, frost or snow, he gets me up, calls into the living room to collect whichever is his soft toy-of-the-day and then proceeds to go out and lie down, using the toy as his pillow! Rolling Eyes He doesn't seem to notice that he is getting wet or cold.

Meanwhile the big one slumbers on - nothing is going to stop Zebo from having his beauty sleep until 9am. I make myself a cup of tea and return to my bed to drink it. Everyone then slumbers on! This is one of the best parts of retirement. Very Happy

9 am is the time which Daveydog considers reasonable for everyone to spring into action, after all, their friends will be waiting for them at 10 am. Having had my breakfast, it is time for off and I drive 7 miles to the nearest place suitable for lively Beardies to run and run and run. They love the car! Usually there are always four friends waiting but it sometimes does reach 12 or even 14 of all makes. One hour later, it is time to go, but not before the daily swim in the river has taken place. Mine go in every day but most of the others just stand on the edge and quench their thirsts there.

On our return it is . breakfast time for dogs and that is eaten with relish. Now, you might imagine it was time for a nap , but no, these are lively Beardies, so it is games in the garden time. Very Happy Fortunately, it is a large garden and they have converted it into a canine Scalextric track!! They have constructed runs, hills up and hills down, long open runs, sharp turnings and tunnels underneath the shrubs in all beds! The rain just seems to add to their enjoyment and mud, well, I will leave it to your imagination what they do with that! They have only had two small experiences of snow so far in their short lives, but I am sure they believed I had arranged it specially to enhance their enjoyment. A video of their games is needed for you to fully appreciate the fun they have but making and adding one is beyond my skill level. Embarassed 99 percent of the time, it is Zebo who does the chasing and he always has some kind of toy in his mouth whilst doing it. They have their own rules which are firmly adhered to or else one of them will walk away and sulk. Rolling Eyes Perhaps the most interesting feature is the 'den'. - the place respected by both boys as the place to have a breather without being 'attacked'!

They stay outside playing like this all day. I serve their dinner at 5.30pm and this is eaten outside - their desire not mine. Usually Zebo will come indoors after dinner to have a sleep but Daveydog stays out until 10.30 when it is piddly pee time, then milk and biscuits before bed.

Peace then reigns in the house until it all starts again the next day.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... lovely Cool I can almost see them doing their daily routines ... really lovely post. Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ditto what The Mark said, Shirley - really excellent post and I can see them skittering about in the mud. I would imagine your walls are artistically flecked with speckles.... Very Happy

When I went to collect my late Betsy, her uncle was curled up, sound asleep, in the remnants of some snow on the front lawn of the house...I didnt know about Beardies' fondness for Outside, back then!

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My biggest problem is that mud, when dried, turns to DUST! I could dust ten times a day .. but I don't. I spend all my time playing with and watching . Beardies!

They love the car and go everywhere with me. They are never left at home unless it is not feasible for them to come - mainly in the hot weather as I would never leave them in a hot car. If it is for a short time, then my husband will be the referee although he is now too frail to do much else. On the very rare occasions that I cannot have them with me and hubby is not able to 'take control' or is with me for some unavoidable reason, I organise a dog sitter for a few hours. Although I am sure they would be fine indoors without someone at home, I do not want to upset their daily routine which is almost totally outside.

Daft I am, spoilt they are, but . . They have already been around many parts of UK and Northern France as we also have a motorhome but they are always over the moon when they land back home and go off to join the daily 'playschool'. Very Happy

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops! I've just read the thread title! I am not a guest, I joined when I got Zebo three years ago but I do welcome talking about the fun of owning, sorry, being owned by, Beardies and I welcome hearing about the antics of others. I got my first one in the mid 1980's and the present ones are numbers four and five, I am addicted to owning Beardies as they are such good companions and there is never a dull moment when they are around.

I agree with others, welcome Guest viewers, come join and tell us all about your canines - and felines etc.

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nooooooooo Shirley!! Excellent post, it will show our Guests what it is like on here, please dont stop posting on this thread! xx

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shirley I'm with you all the way re. retirement Laughing Laughing Nothing beats it, especially when you've a beardie to share it with - or in your case, 2 of them! Can't believe Zebo's now 3. Jethro would live outside most of the time if allowed to but our garden is small. And as for water - he'll do anything to avoid contact with it although he's good about being bathed. I totally sympathise re the mud/dust, and with a (healing) broken wrist I can't mop the floor and hoover as much as I would like, so there's a mud trail from the backdoor through the kitchen and hall into the lounge across a (once) mushroom colour carpet ...

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, carpets and lively Beardies are not a good match! Sad I live in a bungalow and my two have complete free run throughout. I live very rurally so leave my two to be my eyes and ears and if anyone did try to come in they would at least let me know . or would they? Sleep for my Beardies mean sleep!! I never close any internal doors - except for the bathroom and shower room as the towels in those rooms seem to grow legs and escape if I don't. Except for the bedrooms, all floors are now laminate covered but that is another story! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many moons ago when I had cats, I chose a nice carpet for the kitchen and back entryway - beige, pale grey and red mottled. When the carpet man showed me the sample, I exclaimed " Brilliant! That's the one, it wont show the bloodstains!" Laughing I was right - it was ever so easy to blot up and clean the leakings of mouses, shrewses, rabbits, birdses etc. over the years. Reeeeeezult

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Judy Laughing Laughing Laughing Cats - who'd 'ave 'em Rolling Eyes Laughing

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy I suspect they are what oriental rugs were invented for...flecks of white and light colours interspersed with rich reds and greens ( ikkle gall bladders Very Happy )

I had a small rug that kept ruckling up one day - I kept absently trying to smoosh it back into place with my foot in passing and finally thought " for heaven's sake! " and stomped on the ruckle...it sorta went squish....yes, it was a ( freshly ) dead shrew. Flattened and, now, leaking. Very Happy

Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

judy g wrote:
" Brilliant! That's the one, it wont show the bloodstains

We bought kitchen flooring for the same reason, Very Happy ... The salesman said he had the same stuff in his cellar Shocked

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic